EAC ripping: "track quality"
Mar 23, 2006 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 3
I was confused and recently looked it up on the net. People say it's just the number of times reading was performed, vs the number of times if every reading was done successfully. If one reading is not done successfully, EAC will re-do it until the reading is complete, and the "track quality"% goes down. The most important part is that the rip is still a perfect rip, or so I heard
rolleyes.gif

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 3
From the FAQ on the EAC site:
Quote:

Q: What does the Track Quality really mean? A few times I get 99.7% or 97.5%. But there are no suspicious position reported.

A: When you get 99.7% and so on, that means that a bad sector was found, but the secure mode has corrected it - from 16 times of grabbing the sector, there were 8 or more identical results. So it only indicates read problems. It is the ratio between the number of minimum reads needed to perform the extraction and the number of reads that were actually performed. 100% will only occur when the CD was extracted without any rereads on errors. ONLY when there are suspicious positions reported, there are really uncorrectable read errors in the resulting audio file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back