EAC Flac Questions
Mar 6, 2006 at 6:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

bentheaudiophile

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,
Just a few questions about using EAC and Flac.

1. Whats the difference between 0 and 8 compression, im using 0 because it produces bigger files so can't be any worse than 8 ?

2. When I use the -v switch Flac doesn't work, basically EAC creates the WAV file,m Flac opens, then closes and no Flac file is created nor is any Error message displayed, im using the lastest version of both EAC and Flac.

Thanks

Ben
580smile.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by bentheaudiophile
Hi everyone,
Just a few questions about using EAC and Flac.

1. Whats the difference between 0 and 8 compression, im using 0 because it produces bigger files so can't be any worse than 8 ?

Higher compression settings will slow down compression, but won't result in any sonic changes whatsoever (as this is lossless).

Quote:

2. When I use the -v switch Flac doesn't work, basically EAC creates the WAV file,m Flac opens, then closes and no Flac file is created nor is any Error message displayed, im using the lastest version of both EAC and Flac.

Can't help with that one, since I use a graphical front end for FLAC. Is that the verify setting?

Mar 6, 2006 at 12:36 PM Post #4 of 4
Lossless is lossless, you'd don't get varying SQ with different settings. 5 is recommended as the best option.

Very easy to not set up EAC exactly right. Its sounds like you might not have set the external compression program correctly? Go to hydrogenaudio's wiki, it has a guide on EAC/FLAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back