EAC behaving badly-- please help!!!
Nov 12, 2008 at 3:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

fzman

Headphoneus Supremus
this started happening recently-- anyone have any ideas why? -- software, drive failing?

when i load a cd in drive w/ eac open. eac searchs freedb, populates fields with correct cd title, and track info. then, when I click on wav, to burn the files to my hard drive; nothing happens -- then the eac window goes blank (white screen), hd accesses a bit, then after a short while the screen repopulates - click wav, rip to hd begins. elapsed time 30-45 sec (approx). does this sound familiar?

also seems like the last few rips i've done don't sound that good....

i am running xp on an asus mobo, w/ and lg ide lightscribe dvd/cd burner drive. 3 gigs of ram, and sata hard drive....... toslink digital out to an msb digital director, to a peachtree decco, to my homebrew amp....

tia for any help.

Mark

Nov 12, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #3 of 5
thanks, i will check. seems to me it didn;t do it when i began the ripping project. i'm now at 200+ cds-- could it be the database is just getting bigger/slower?

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfishing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do you have accurate rip enabled?

if so, uncheck the option and see if the hang goes away.

Mine will hang on open while contacting the servers occassionally.

just started using eac, where is the "accurate rip" option?

Dec 23, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by oldson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just started using eac, where is the "accurate rip" option?

If you're using a new version of EAC, this is basically set up out of the box. The first time you rip a CD, you'll be presented with a dialog displaying your drive's read offset and asking if you'd like to configure the drive accordingly. Once you proceed past that, and finish ripping the CD, the output will show the AccurateRip results (as long as the CD you ripped was recognized in the database).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back