EAC and Radiohead's OK Computer
Dec 24, 2004 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Hase

100+ Head-Fier
Simply, it won't rip it. I have tried all the versions of EAC that are presently posted in their website with no luck. Someone once suggested an older pre-beta version that would rip most cds but I have not been able to locate a version of it. If I change the settings on CDex, can I get wavs that are comperable to EAC's? Any suggestions would be great.

Dec 24, 2004 at 4:38 PM Post #3 of 12
Try holding down the Shift key while you instert the disc in the computer (and while the computer is trying to read it). If that still doesn't work try using CDex set to "Paranoia, Full" mode.

Dec 24, 2004 at 6:47 PM Post #6 of 12
I just tried 0.95pb4 and it halts at 77% of track one (Airbag) indefinitely. CDex had no problems though...

Oh, well.

Dec 24, 2004 at 6:49 PM Post #7 of 12
brilliant album by the way
eggosmile.gif

Dec 24, 2004 at 7:24 PM Post #9 of 12
I only build with Plextor or LiteON. The machine I have been using uses a LiteON drive.

Dec 25, 2004 at 3:45 AM Post #11 of 12
Why don't you just use Daemon Tools to mount an image of the disc (use Alcohol 120% or similar to make the image) ... Then load up the image in EAC and it'll work just fine.

This is also helpful when ripping discs that are scratched, etc -
wink.gif

Dec 25, 2004 at 5:30 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by mavis
Why don't you just use Daemon Tools to mount an image of the disc (use Alcohol 120% or similar to make the image) ... Then load up the image in EAC and it'll work just fine.

This is also helpful when ripping discs that are scratched, etc -
wink.gif

Yeah, very helpful in that you'll just dismiss all the error correction abilities of EAC while doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back