EAC and my Mp3s sound bad.
May 9, 2006 at 9:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

redquilang

Head-Fier
well not really bad but i can still hear some errors. or maybe thats just how it was recorded (i highly doubt it though).

what can it be? can it be my cd drive? the sound card? eac itself?

May 9, 2006 at 10:35 AM Post #3 of 12
i used lame b320. when i used the V0 format though or whatever its called, it started to sound "pixelated." instead of sounding smooth, it was like instead of smooth sound, they were like lumps of sound. i dont know, its hard to explain.

the 320 works well, but i can hear parts were i suspect it read the cd wrong or something.

May 9, 2006 at 11:00 AM Post #5 of 12
this one right now: -b 320 --add-id3v2 --pad-id3v2 --ta "%a" --tt "%t" --tl "%g" --ty "%y" --tn "%n" %s %d

i dont know if its my compresion though. its just that eac may be reading the small scratches and not doing what its supposed to be doing. isnt it supposed to read the disk over and over and match the sound waves or something?

but hey, what do i know? it might just be lame.

May 9, 2006 at 1:09 PM Post #9 of 12
I'd say you have your drive options are wrong in EAC. What settings are you using here?

Make sure you have secure mode on. Do a "Detect Read Features" and apply them.

Most drive have cache, so "Drive caches audio data" will probably be checked. And most drive are NOT able to read with C2 correctly so "Drive is capable of retrieving C2 error information" will probably be UNchecked.

May 9, 2006 at 2:17 PM Post #10 of 12
Set up AccurateRip with EAC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by accuraterip.com
The philosophy behind AccurateRip is quite simple - each time an audio track is ripped (recorded by computer) it is compared with rips from other people, this allows a confidence report to be generated. The report might say that 4 other people had exactly the same results, this would guarantee your rip was without error, or the report could say that 3 other people disagree with your rip, the likely hood is that your CD has a scratch and should be cleaned.

This is a great way to ensure you're EAC is setup perfectly.
eggosmile.gif
Plus you can rip with Burst-mode.

May 9, 2006 at 3:35 PM Post #11 of 12
What is the CD - how does that sound? (Just to eliminate the source as a possible cause).

May 9, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #12 of 12
i checked my drive and it only supports accurate stream and c2 so im only running with the accurate stream. thats why i first thought it to be my drive that was causing the poblem, because its not a very good one.

and as for the CD, i first started hearing it on james brown live at the apollo. but because it was a live album i went and ripped more cds to see if it was just the cd or not. of the cds i ripped, i hear minor flaws in tracy chapman, the queen is dead, and some other ones that i cant remember at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back