EAC and Foobar2000 Questions
Jul 28, 2008 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

vo_obgyn

100+ Head-Fier
I am new to Exact Audio Copy and Foobar2000 v.0.9.5.4 and I have a couple of questions.

1. The FLAC encoder was included in the latest EAC download [the Exact Audio Copy V0.99 prebeta 4 (including CDRDAO and Flac packages) download from the EAC website] which I downloaded. I am not sure what the QUE function is even after searching this online (eg. the EAC FAQ section) quite a bit. Can you help me here?

2. Also, do I need to separately install the wnaspi32.dll file? I did not get an error message on the install. Apparently, the latest EAC download doesn't require that we separately install this. Is this correct? I am confused here.

Here is what the FAQ section of EAC says:

"EAC needs a driver called “ASPI”, it is an SCSI driver, but works also with IDE CD-ROM drives (not a single file, but a complete package, so installing just the DLL won’t help). It is included in Win95/98, but not in Windows NT/2000. The newer versions of EAC should not absolute need ASPI anymore, but ASPI would be nevertheless the most stable. ASPI is available from different manufacturers (of SCSI interface cards), but it seems that the only working one with EAC is coming from Adaptec.

First of all you should upgrade to a newer version of EAC, as ASPI is not absolutely necessary any more."

So, do I need it or not, I wonder? The reason I ask is that other threads have said that I do need to install it.

3. Finally, is it possible to get album art for my FLAC files, or is this something you only get for mp3 files?Thanks for the help.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back