E5c's muffled?
Sep 13, 2005 at 12:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

crazyeyes

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone else seemed like their E5c's sound a bit muffled. It seems as if mine are a bit muffled compared to my E4c's and some of the full size cans i have heard. I am currently using the tri-flanges. Any suggestions on if the sleeves could be the problem and also would an amp help this problem?

Sep 13, 2005 at 1:21 AM Post #2 of 7
Same here. Treble Booster solved the problem on my iPod.

Sep 13, 2005 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 7
I went ahead and tried different sleeves and found the medium Grey sleeve to be a big improvement. I think i lost a bit of bass though. But that will improve when my amp is done. I should hopefully have my amp by the end of the year but yeah the sleeve change made a big difference. I was using the tri-flange cause they provided the best bass. But i started realizing it sounded a bit muffled. But now it sounds much better.

Sep 13, 2005 at 2:59 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyeyes
I went ahead and tried different sleeves and found the medium Grey sleeve to be a big improvement. I think i lost a bit of bass though. But that will improve when my amp is done. I should hopefully have my amp by the end of the year but yeah the sleeve change made a big difference. I was using the tri-flange cause they provided the best bass. But i started realizing it sounded a bit muffled. But now it sounds much better.

I thought my um2's sounded muffled compared to full-sized headphones also. Using rubber/plastic tips helped, at the expense of some bass (the bass is tighter though). I used the ety triflanges. The muffle is just the rolled off treble, though. The only real solution is to get different canalphones
tongue.gif

Sep 13, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #7 of 7
I could not get anything to fit but the yellow foamies. Once I got used to them I would not trade them for the world. I was very critical of the E5cs when I first got them... coming from E3s (of all all places). Now, damn, they sound good especially with good EQ. I mostly listen from a PowerBook but they sound OK from an unamped Ipod 3g. I drool at what they will sound like from an amped Ipod. I just need some funds
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back