E5C warranty question
May 15, 2005 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

toucam

Head-Fier
After much of hesitation and deliberation, I've decided to go for Shure E5C.
I've won an auction on Ebay, the phone is brandnew and never used.
I've checked Shure's site about warranty and they say it's serial number-based. Does it mean that they don't require proof of purchase with the purchase date on it? I just don't work out how Shure can control it without proof of purchase?
Is there a link where can I test my serial number. (Like Western Digital HDD, I can test it by typing in the HDD's serial).
If I buy it from the US, is warranty valid in the UK? Or the serial will say "US version", not valid ?

Thanks.

May 15, 2005 at 9:05 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by toucam
After much of hesitation and deliberation, I've decided to go for Shure E5C.
I've won an auction on Ebay, the phone is brandnew and never used.
I've checked Shure's site about warranty and they say it's serial number-based. Does it mean that they don't require proof of purchase with the purchase date on it? I just don't work out how Shure can control it without proof of purchase?
Is there a link where can I test my serial number. (Like Western Digital HDD, I can test it by typing in the HDD's serial).
If I buy it from the US, is warranty valid in the UK? Or the serial will say "US version", not valid ?

Thanks.

the serial will be a 3 digital number like 304 printed on the plug. 30 means it was produced the 30th week of the year and 4 means it was produced in the year of 2004. the serial number is used in case you lost your receipt. generally, the production date is close to the date they are sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back