E5C owners who have knocked out a filter while cleaning it!
Jan 4, 2007 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

aaroncort

Banned
I did just that today. I don't have any documentation anymore but don't remember there being any warning about that. they're still under warranty according to the number stamped on the plug. Will shure replace them for this user error in anybodies experience? If not i'll probably just pay the $100 for a new pair.

For those of you that don't know the filter is there to tame the treble. Now my left side sounds awful. there's not more volume, it's more like difference between flash photography and a well lit photo.

Jan 4, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 8
Interesting, I just missed their office hours. so will have to wait till tomorrow to find out! My only other pair of portable cans are the crusty old creative ear buds that came with zen vision:m! THE HUMANITY!

Jan 4, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting, I just missed their office hours. so will have to wait till tomorrow to find out! My only other pair of portable cans are the crusty old creative ear buds that came with zen vision:m! THE HUMANITY!

Ew.. lol that really blows a big one. Did you try putting the filter back in?

Jan 4, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by exX08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ew.. lol that really blows a big one. Did you try putting the filter back in?

No, it's made of a brittle material so it crumbled. I'm really surprised that they would make the wax removing loop tool supplied with the tip replacements able to damage the filter. They don't mention the filter in the documentation that game with the cleaner so I foolishly thought that something had gotten lodged in there and was going at it when it crumbled!

Jan 4, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #8 of 8
Just called Shure Inc. and they said they'd replace it under warranty! Funny enough I decided to go with shure because around these boards I've heard many people rave about their customer service and replacement plan. For those that don't know they have a 2 year warranty and you don't need a receipt. The date they were manufactured is stamped on the side of the plug albeit in code. You can look up on their website how to read it. If your product is out of warranty they will still replace them for about 1/4 of the MSRP. the e5c's and e500pth would be replaced for 125.00 US even if you ran over them.

I suppose this is how you make a customer for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back