E5c issues
Mar 28, 2006 at 8:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

juzmister

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,
the wire to the right earphone on my iems has become lose, it has not totally come out, but moves around a little. Do you think it is worth an RMA and who do i contact in order to arrange?
Justin

Mar 28, 2006 at 10:19 AM Post #2 of 8
same issue here, it was very slightly loose and in addition to that the cable just going out of the jack cracked...

asked for a replacement, got an other one but the cable going out of the Y splitter was faulty as well, resulting in intermitent sound...

so I'm now waiting for an UM2...

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 8
thanks, did you call before you send your phones in? did you get a refund on the old ones? or just had enough of the E5C?

Mar 28, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #4 of 8
it's a bit complicated to explain... but yes I felt unconfident with the E5 after the 1st replacement and the reseller was ok to replace it with an UM2...

haven't received the UM2 yet, though
frown.gif

Mar 28, 2006 at 4:28 PM Post #6 of 8
thanks, email sent, how they get back to me soon..hate having something that may break at any second...

Mar 28, 2006 at 5:51 PM Post #7 of 8
It is also possible to call Shure directly, if that makes you more comfortable. Generally you will need to send them the old phones, before they will send you the new ones.

Apr 4, 2006 at 4:40 PM Post #8 of 8
Just got brand new UM2s to replace my E5s...

well, I may be cursed but these are defective as well...

strangely they sounded like they have a phase inversion problem (weak bass, feel like the sound is coming from behind, no soundstage etc..) and I must say I found they sounded quite horrible... and when I could check them with a phase inverter the sound is back to normal...

and with the phase corrected well they sound extremely good... I did not use E5s for almost 2 months now but they sound better to my ear (maybe less detailed but ther definitively give you the impression to go higher and deeper... )...

but now I have to send back to them to westone...

real nightmare story isn't it? really strange issue again (I would not imagine that you could have problem with inverted phase on headphones...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back