E530 - Washed
Jun 27, 2008 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

bjackson

100+ Head-Fier
I accidently just washed my E530s and put them through the dryer. I opened the dryer and the E530s just fell out at my feet.

They sound terrible now. Very "underwater" sounding even though they appear dry as far in as I can see.

Do you think they will recover?

Jun 27, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #2 of 11
Take off the tips & leave em alone - no direct heat - if they're going to recover they just need to air dry out. Say, overnight. Don't 530s have filters in? May be an idea to remove those too but dunno if they can be swapped out (like Etys for example).

Good luck - I hope they do recover
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit\ I wonder if those little silica bags would help (like you get in camera boxes etc), but maybe just air dry to be safe.

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #4 of 11
If you used them, forget it something might have damaged. If you ever wash something or it fells into the water let it dry for arround a week or two and everything is going to get allright, but if you use it you´ll destroy the electronic stuff inside....

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:18 PM Post #5 of 11
That's sad man. I don't know what I'd do if id do something like that to my beloved (and only pair) of IEM (wich are SE530).

Hope they'll recover. I think you shouldn't have plugged them and just waited for at least a day before trying. Usually, electronics will do great after a bath if you leave em the time to dry before plugging any source of power.

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:19 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by div /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you used them, forget it something might have damaged. If you ever wash something or it fells into the water let it dry for arround a week or two and everything is going to get allright, but if you use it you´ll destroy the electronic stuff inside....

Seconds faster than me.

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #7 of 11
that sux.

Jun 27, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #8 of 11
Put through the hot dryer with all that static, and then you plug them in?

Methinks they're a goner.

Jun 27, 2008 at 11:18 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by GN85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Burn them in again perhaps?

nonsense.

Burn-in (if it really exist) won't get theses IEM back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back