E530 cable broke. what caused it?
Oct 11, 2007 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

chukwe

100+ Head-Fier
My E530 cable of the left ear phone broke just within three months of purchase.
I've sent it back to Shure in UK.

Will it be repaired or will I be giving a new one? Why does it break so easily?

Oct 11, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #2 of 9
Most likely they will unless you pursposely did something to break them. Shure is known for excellent customer service.

Oct 11, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It breaks because of your sweat. It usually stiffens in the area you curve it around your ear. The E500 cables are the worst in the business.

I've never used it outside my bedroom nor when I sleep. No single drop of sweat

Oct 11, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It breaks because of your sweat. It usually stiffens in the area you curve it around your ear. The E500 cables are the worst in the business.

I agree there about shure's cables being low grade for its price bracket. You'd think they'd give better grade cables both better sound transference and durability.

Oct 11, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by gnychis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oooo this is not good, here we go again.... I thought this was a solved problem by Shure for the E530 release :p

My understanding was they modified the cable after the SE530 release. So, the OP may have had a pair made prior to that change over. Then again, the new cables may still have the problem.

Oct 11, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #8 of 9
I sent my e500s back to shure 2 weeks ago to get them fixed because of a torn left cable. I even told them that my cat had gotten a hold of it... they told me to send them in and they sent me a whole new e500 box with all the accesoriess. I only sent them the earphones without any extension cables. My cables were VERY stiff which is something I told them. Looks like they gave me a refurbished set. I can see a little residue from I'm guessing the glue they use to seal the housings. I'm not complaining. Excellent service IMO.

Oct 11, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by jl123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I sent my e500s back to shure 2 weeks ago to get them fixed because of a torn left cable. I even told them that my cat had gotten a hold of it... they told me to send them in and they sent me a whole new e500 box with all the accesoriess. I only sent them the earphones without any extension cables. My cables were VERY stiff which is something I told them. Looks like they gave me a refurbished set. I can see a little residue from I'm guessing the glue they use to seal the housings. I'm not complaining. Excellent service IMO.

i agree, great service from shure... the reason i decided to buy the e500's in the end is because the sponsors mentioned on the forum they would cover cable breaks with a lifetime warranty. thats truly great customer service no matter how you look at it.

but, i do wish they had better cables like other members
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back