e500's: broken nozzle :(
Mar 5, 2007 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

FIJI

Head-Fier
So...somehow one of the nozzles on my e500's got cracked and is now broken =( On the e4's the nozzles are easily replaced, but on the e500's it doesn't look like I can simply swap in a new nozzle. Has anyone else had this happen to them? If so, what did you do? Will I have to send them in to shure? They are under warranty, but I don't know if a broken nozzle is covered. Any responses will be appreciated!

Mar 5, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #2 of 16
Go ahead and contact Shure's Customer Service, they're very good.
biggrin.gif

Mar 5, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #5 of 16
Very, very sorry to learn about the broken nozzle (is that the term for it?
cool.gif
) But like the others say, Shure's CS and warranty support is superb.

The Kevlar frayed on mine last month. I checked their web page. It said to send just the IEM back, not the accessories, *save for the e500* They wanted the pth, etc. back on that one. Well, I'd sold my PTH shortly after getting it. So I wrote them explaining the situation. They said, no problem, just send them in. So I did. Just the IEM section. Within three weeks I had an entirely new E500 set, PTH, everything.

They are great.

You oughtn't to have any problem getting them replaced.

Andy

Mar 5, 2007 at 11:58 AM Post #6 of 16
personally, I would be MORE surprised if they didn't help you.

Keep in mind though, shure is in the middle of new product releases, so there may be a longer wait on the phone as more people are calling customer service.

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #7 of 16
This happened to me; I sent them back to Shure and had brand new replacements, with no hassles, one week later. I was very pleased with their customer service.

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:48 PM Post #9 of 16
I have never heard of shure not replacing somebodies headphones. Even when it's through user error. I broke mine while cleaning them and the asked no questions. They just told me to print out a repair form and mail them in. After about 3 weeks I recieved a brand new pair in the mail.

Mar 5, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #10 of 16
This is why I bought the E500s. If you get a product for ~$300 from best buy, a 2 yr product service would cost ~$80 and their CS is terrible. With Shure you get unparalleled CS so even if you think their product is overpriced you probably haven't considered this.

Mar 6, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by CSIR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is why I bought the E500s. If you get a product for ~$300 from best buy, a 2 yr product service would cost ~$80 and their CS is terrible. With Shure you get unparalleled CS so even if you think their product is overpriced you probably haven't considered this.

I have no dog in this race (I agree 100% that the e500's are a better choice than anything BB has) - but I have had amazing service from BB and their extended contracts. Like 2 new high end fridges over 5 years. Each took a phone call of about 10 minutes. Plus a Rio 20 GB return for money a year later in store that took about 3 minutes. Plus a DVD recorder. Totally wonderful service.

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #12 of 16
Thanks for all the replies! I had heard that shure had great customer service, but wasn't sure what their policy was on broken nozzles. Great to hear that they will take care of it without charging me!

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #13 of 16
Shure's customer's service is one of the best I have dealt with. It is far better than Sony Canada. Gosh, don't even get me started on Sony Canada...they tried charging me $148 Canadian dollars for the remote of DNE20 portable cd player. Heck, the cd player + remote only costs $150 USD. -_- Anyway, I digress. Just send the earbuds back and expect a new one in the mail.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:35 AM Post #14 of 16
Definately send it back to Shure. They are the best in Customer Service in the industry.

Oh, and just a quick question for you all. Will a Kramer modded e2c be able to be sent in?

Feb 11, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #15 of 16
Today the nozzle of my right earphone on my SE210 broke off. And I bought this set from another Head-Fi'er. Can I send them in without receipt?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back