E500 wire broken
Mar 12, 2007 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kevpc

New Head-Fier
I had my shure e500 for about 7 months now and the wire connecting the earpiece is fraying. I 'm wondering if these headphone are that fragile that the wire can break so easy. It also seems that when I put the earphone in my ear the wire goes up and around the ear in an unnatural position thus causing the wire to break easier. I'm going to ask for a replacement from shure but wondering if I should look elsewhere if these IEM are that fragile. Does anyone else around here have this problem before. Thanks.
frown.gif

Mar 12, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #4 of 7
It looks like I will have to be careful then... I usually am though with my gear, HD650s are still scratchless, bend free for the cable, and no bends or cracks in the headband (I have never re-adjusted my headband).

Mar 12, 2007 at 6:50 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

It also seems that when I put the earphone in my ear the wire goes up and around the ear in an unnatural position thus causing the wire to break easier

You mean that it is something like memory cable? I've got something like that either, but I think this is good for cord: when you are putting them in, you are not bending cable, so it's safer.

Quote:

Same thing happened to mine before I replaced the cable.

Can I have cable replaced without making custom E500s?

Mar 12, 2007 at 12:06 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by nfsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can I have cable replaced without making custom E500s?

Don't think so. At least I haven't seen anyone offering the replacement yet.

Mar 12, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #7 of 7
Some manufacturers I've seen includes a plastic type of sleeve right where the wire and earpiece meets thereby reinforcing the wire...I'm surprised Shure did not do this to their $500 e500 IEM. You would think for that price the construction is better if not on par with others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back