e500 shorter extension suggestions?
Sep 9, 2007 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

gnychis

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

I have absolutely loved my E500's, but the extension that came with them is wayyy to long for me. I end up folding a good foot of it in to my pocket. So I'm looking for some suggestions on a custom or already made extensions for the E500 that won't cut the audio quality. I don't know what kind of cable they use in their stock extension cables? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!
George

Sep 9, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #2 of 13
Are you saying that you're using the 9" extension and even that is too long for you? Or, the 3' extension is 1' too long?

Either way, it seems like you need custom made extension cables for the specific length you want.

Sep 9, 2007 at 6:16 AM Post #3 of 13
the 3' extension is 1' too long.

right, I agree I need a custom extension... any suggestions? I don't want to get an extension cable that is of worse quality than the current extension to lose SQ

Sep 10, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #5 of 13
money is not really an object... but an object when it comes to a $160 extension
wink.gif
thats too much.

i think plugging the e500 straight to the tomahawk is a good idea for comparison. I'm waiting for my turbo dock cable, as soon as I get it I will do this and report back.

thanks!

Sep 10, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #6 of 13
Ultimate Ears makes a neat 18" extension. That might be a good in between length when compared to the included 9" and the 3' extension for the Shures...

Available in black or clear and has a nifty right angle plug
biggrin.gif

Extender Cable - 18"
$20.00
http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimat...ccessories.php

Sep 20, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #9 of 13
i'm considering the ultimate ears cable, however I think I'd be happier with 2' rather than 1'+1/2 ... but I can't decide yet.

anyone know a flexible 2' extension that isn't over $50?

Sep 25, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by gnychis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
holy hell, ultimateears wants $15 to ship the extension cable. That's nearly doubling the price of it. rediculous

You can try to post a WTB in the Sales/Trade forum, or Ebay--the are some fairly good extension offered there.

Sep 25, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #13 of 13
amazingly i tossed up an extension request in the sales/trade forum and just picked up the ultimateears extension for $20 shipped
biggrin.gif

so, i guess it works out. I'm afraid it'll be a little bit short by 6" but we will find out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back