E500 or low-end custom
Jan 30, 2006 at 3:08 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by indiaUS9782
Is the UE10 really worth 1000 dollars?

IMHO, a definate YES. Seeing how it seems your on a budget, I would highly recommend you wait for the E500. I own UE10's and have listened to the E500's. Between the two, I would pick the E500 because I prefer the sound signature more than that of the UE10's. The performance is also on par with the UE10's (dare I say.....perhaps even better). I say you wait and listen to the E500's. I think they provide a much better deal than customs.

Jan 30, 2006 at 3:13 AM Post #17 of 23
You can also get custom fit molds for most universal IEM's - though it's probably not as a good as a custom IEM. I'm sure they'll be make to make something of that kind for the 500's.

Jan 30, 2006 at 9:21 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by imz14u2nv
Root,
what would you say is the best custom IEM's currently?

ACS T2PRO and ACS T2i. You can find my review of them here:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=159345

But you should be really better off holding your horses a bit and choosing a universal IEM, I think.

Jan 30, 2006 at 9:37 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
IMHO, a definate YES. Seeing how it seems your on a budget, I would highly recommend you wait for the E500. I own UE10's and have listened to the E500's. Between the two, I would pick the E500 because I prefer the sound signature more than that of the UE10's. The performance is also on par with the UE10's (dare I say.....perhaps even better). I say you wait and listen to the E500's. I think they provide a much better deal than customs.

I concure...
biggrin.gif

Jan 30, 2006 at 10:24 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by root
ACS T2PRO and ACS T2i. You can find my review of them here:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=159345

But you should be really better off holding your horses a bit and choosing a universal IEM, I think.

Thanks for the review! I live in the UK, so ACS is definitely an option for me. However, seeing that the UE-10Pro also has very good reviews, it is very difficult to choose. I see that you have used the UE-10Pro. How do the ACS T2i/Pro compare with the UE-10Pro seeing they are so similarly priced? Also am I correct in saying that the only difference between the i and Pro versions is the colour?

Jan 30, 2006 at 3:55 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
Thanks for the review! I live in the UK, so ACS is definitely an option for me. However, seeing that the UE-10Pro also has very good reviews, it is very difficult to choose. I see that you have used the UE-10Pro. How do the ACS T2i/Pro compare with the UE-10Pro seeing they are so similarly priced? Also am I correct in saying that the only difference between the i and Pro versions is the colour?

You're welcome. I think these questions have been answered in the review and in the following posts. I don't use UE-10 Pro's anymore and all the differences between T2PRO/T2i are explained there.

Jan 30, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by root
You're welcome. I think these questions have been answered in the review and in the following posts. I don't use UE-10 Pro's anymore and all the differences between T2PRO/T2i are explained there.

For another point of view...I don't use my Sensa 2xs anymore since I have discovered the wonders of the UE10Pro.

Jan 30, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by digihead
For another point of view...I don't use my Sensa 2xs anymore since I have discovered the wonders of the UE10Pro.

Well, yes, but ProPhonic 2X Soft are not ACS T2PRO/T2i.

Since you are here digihead, I believe you can also recommend Westone ES2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back