e5 with miles davis tributes.
Mar 5, 2011 at 1:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Dyn4m1c95

100+ Head-Fier
Ok so I have an l3 going out of my iphone 4 with an e5 amp and I am using it with my b&w p5's and monster miles davis tributes. Should I wait get the e11 or is my current setup good or should I get something else. All of my music is flac and i'm using the flac player app on my iphone 4. I want a recommendation that would complement the headphones I have. The b&w is very warm and so is the md's so an amp that could bring out some highs you know. 

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 6
well, I don't mean to bash your equipment, since I did the same road on the first site, with e5 l3 ip4 and a beyerdynamic dt660 however I wasn't satisfied at all and although it mainly come from the dt 660 i still think the e5 cannot match my least requirement for sound quality, beside that "bass boost" I really can't see anything else good. I am in the market for a portable amp as well and I think you should look into a e11 or something even better ha , cheer 

Mar 5, 2011 at 3:53 AM Post #3 of 6
It will be a seriously bottleneck. Get something better. Fiio's stuff are a bit underpowered to save battery so it you want to go with fiio get an E11 although i am willing to bet that a DIY option like a pimeta or Mini3 would blow them both away.

Mar 5, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #4 of 6
both your headphones can be easily driven by ipods/iphones, so something like a fiio e7/e11 should be perfect. very portable, user friendly, ridiculous battery life and i know that a fiio e7 can drive around maximum 300ohm headphones well, though as i said your headphones dont get near that. I have the E7 and I'm happy, but if an e11 suits  your needs better then go for that.

Mar 7, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #5 of 6
E5 works perfectly well for IEM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back