E5/T4/Penguin picture and thoughts
Feb 15, 2009 at 12:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

shirleywhite

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all

Hope this works - am uploading a picture of my 3 rigs - not boasting or anything(!) - first time I've tried to include a picture -- just want to give some feedback by way of thanks to all who have given me good information over a few years on this forum.

I'll try and keep this fairly short. On left is a Shuffle/E5 - my absolute "minimalist" rig. E5 has a little hiss - the Shuffle adds more!! But (IMHO) bearable - gives plenty of power to drive my Senn 25's - but I usually pair with Ety 6i's or Superfi's.

Middle is Nano (in a Tuneshell case) with LOD into T4. Again very minimalist - but sound excellent (IMHO). I think the gentle bass boost of the T4 makes Ety's sound perfect to my ears!!! On right is my (literally) heavyweight rig. A Creative Vision 60gb with LOD into a Penguin Ultra. With the bass boost & high gain on driving the Senns - a heavy rig in lots of senses.

I tend to wear all three ( not at same time LOL) on a neck lanyard - hence theres a"ring" to attach to on all three.

Regards to all in this great forum!!

Feb 16, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for sharing. The Caffeine sure packs a wallop, doesn't it?

Cheers.
happy_face1.gif

Feb 16, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #4 of 4
Hi tstarn06

The T4 is amazing!! The size is astounding - the sound (IMHO) very nice to my ears. But of course this whole amp/LOD/phones/ears game is dependent on so many variables - not least one's own hearing and tastes!!

I just think that for the price this is a great piece of kit. Others have reviewed the T4 in detail of course. There's some mention of hiss. I notice hiss when using UE 5's and 5Pros. But Ety's are less hissy. The bass boost doesnt add a lot - but IMHO just enough to make my ety's perfect for me.

RickB - yes the Caffeine packs a punch!! I had a problem with the first one Robert sent me - would cut out at higher volume levels - he sent me another ( took a few weeks) but this replacement works fine!! With bass and gain on/high I can drive my Senns really nicely!

Regards to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back