E5 out of an iTouch (2nd Gen)
Apr 30, 2009 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

rjoseph

100+ Head-Fier
I'm just got my Fiio E5 and connected it to my ATH-m50, source being the itouch 2nd Gen. I seem to be getting lower sound quality out of the amp than using it directly. Does the E5 require a burn-in?? I thought it would make a difference but do not see any. The music is more crisper and thump-ier straight out of the itouch than without.

Any suggestions/observations...

Apr 30, 2009 at 11:49 PM Post #2 of 3
Only observation I can give is that ever since I bought my iTouch 2nd Gen, I dumped my iPod Classic 160gb/Predator Amp combo. The iTouch sounds better than those 2 combined, and even when I plug the iTouch in the predator (tho I had to do this mini-to-mini as my iPod LOD isn't compatible with the iTouch 2), I found that I too, preferred the sound of the iTouch on its own.

Love the device
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #3 of 3
I have a 2G iPod touch, and my E5 improves the sound of both my Sennheiser HD 212 Pros and my JVC rx700s. It's not a night/day difference, but it's noticeable once you go back and forth to compare a few times. I don't know all the right terminology, but the soundstage is wider. Without the amp, I feel that even the left and right sounds are really only in like a 120 degree arc in front of me... nothing straight to my left or right. With the amp, the arc widens and sound feels like it's coming from a full 180 degrees in front of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back