E5 on iPod touch, need L3?
Jun 13, 2011 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

victric

New Head-Fier
the Senn 598's sound really good directly connected to the iPod Touch, especially on vocals. but on some tracks, for example, the avatar soundtrack (320kbps) the bass crackles. I usually listen to at 75% Volume on the iPod

so thinking about getting the Fiio E5 to get more quality out of the 598's

my question is, do i need the L3 ipod LOD - i heard its not good to put an amp on the ipod's own amp. if this is not true, and i wont hear the difference, i might as well save the $15

also when is the E11 coming out?

Jun 14, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 6
Well,

the Fiio E1 would run of your iPods batteries and combine line out and amp.

However, I don't know about the power of the output that might be higher with a separate battery (in the E5)...

Otherwise I would go for the line out cable, I hear more detail and more balanced sound coming out of it compared to the normal headphone out.

For me it was a good buy, cleaner, more detailed and crisp. I must admit not by much, but noticeable.

The E11 is out already but I think it's sold out (first batch) so you will see it soon again as far as I know.

So long,
K

Jun 14, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #5 of 6
E11 with L3 line out is probably the better bet. I just like the volume knob better than the digital volume on the E7. I don't have the E11 but I do have the E7.

The E7 though does also work on your PC/Mac as DAC/Amp Combo which is pretty neat (via USB).

For both you need the line out, otherwise you amp the signal twice.

EDIT: fixed my typos, embarrassing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back