E4G Problem?
Mar 24, 2007 at 11:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

layg

New Head-Fier
I've had three sets of E4Gs. I'm using the third set now, and the right ear bud is starting to fail. This is the same problem I had with the previous two pairs. With the first pair, my source was a Zen Sleek. With the second, the Sleek and a Nano. With this third pair, exclusively the Nano.

Has anyone else had this problem, or can think of a reason for it occurring?

I've taken great care of this third pair--to avoid this problem--but to no avail.

Mar 25, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 6
I had a similar problem, on one of the phones the cable became spilt just as it enters the phone. Sent it back to Shure last week, waiting for the replacement now.

Mar 25, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you sure it's not a clogged filter?

Yes, earwax buildup in that ear more than in the other is the most logical candidate as an explanation. Mine are asymetrical in that way, and one clogs or needs cleaning more frequently than the other one does. Ewwwww!!!

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Mar 25, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 6
The filter is clean. I seem to produce little earwax.

The problem goes away if I press the bud slightly. Then, if I move, I hear a low amplitude clicking sound, and much of the high frequency sound ceases to emit from that side. Eventually (in the past, with the previous two sets) this problem grows progressively worse, going from pressing in order to get any sound, to finally no sound no matter what.

I first believed this problem could be attributed to improper care of the ear buds, however now it seems this in not the case, as I've taken great care in using and storing the 2nd and 3rd sets.

bpower: Was the damage on the right side?

Mar 26, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #6 of 6
try keeping your E4 in a dry box for a day and see if the problem goes aways. might be the moisture built up in the E4...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back