E4C's rattling in one channel?
Jun 21, 2007 at 1:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

IronLion

100+ Head-Fier
So this is an issue that has been bothering me for about a month now but I've been too lazy to post until now, I'm hoping maybe someone in these forums with experience with Shure E4C's or IEM's in general might be able to help me out here, as this is my first pair and I love them aside from this issue. Basically, there is a rattling noise in the left earbud of my E4C's, it usually occurs when there is a rapid rise in volume or a generally loud point in the music. I've unscrewed the ear-insert and looked around and cleaned the tube of earwax but this hasn't fixed the problem; is there something else I could do to fix this other than sending them to Shure to get fixed? Thanks.

Aug 6, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #3 of 3
I experienced this recently with my K701... it seems that when you get the rattling symptoms in a headphone it means that there is something sitting on the driver, a little bit of dirt or hair or something which causes the noise. I would suggest finding it and cleaning it off, but i`m not familiar with the E4c so I wont be able to tell you where to start, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back