E4C
Sep 16, 2006 at 8:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pookyman

New Head-Fier
I'm just about to buy these and have one quick question.

I read somewhere that when you're moving around, you feel the weight of the cord moving with you, and sometimes it's a problem. Can anyone verify this? Also, when I'm walking around, will I be completely obvlious to the world around me becaues of the cancelation that's going to occur?

Sep 16, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 6
I don't know about feeling the "weight" of the cord; the cord is light and if you wear it properly, it stays out of your way (unless you're wearing a backpack... the cord can get caught on it and it will tug on your ears). If you're not playing any music you can hear the microphonics, or the sound of things hitting the cord. You'll also hear yourself breathing and your footsteps. With music on, these effects are greatly diminished.

Don't use them in places where it is greatly beneficial to be able to hear what is going on around you (e.g. crossing the street, driving, class, etc.). If you get a good seal, they block out a LOT of ambient noise. You will feel nicely isolated if you get them to fit right.

Sep 16, 2006 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 6
With the E4 the cable can and should be routed up and over/behind the ears. There is a tube that cinches the L&R cables tight against the base of your head. This keeps any feeling of them being pulled from your ears.

You can run the cable under your shirt so that it doesn't snag anywhere.

It will take some time for the paranoid feeling that you'll have not being able to hear any outside noise while music is playing. In time you should have no problem, you get used to paying attention visually to your surroundings.

Sep 17, 2006 at 7:59 AM Post #5 of 6
I can vouch for the trunkyness of the E4C cable. It took me a week to get used to it but I really prefer to have lighter cable. Sometimes when I'm turning my head or moving quickly I can still feel the weight of cable dragging down on my head. You should ask your friend to let you try it on if possible before you buy it.

Sep 17, 2006 at 9:03 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by stopa
I can vouch for the trunkyness of the E4C cable. It took me a week to get used to it but I really prefer to have lighter cable. Sometimes when I'm turning my head or moving quickly I can still feel the weight of cable dragging down on my head. You should ask your friend to let you try it on if possible before you buy it.

yeah same here.

if they included a clip-on, these problems would be solved. it's so annoying how it drags down. i got used to it myself, but it's annoying regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back