E4C VS ER6i's (for a Commuter)
Mar 23, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevindb
I do agree that the Shure cable is bulky - I think I'm going to have to rig up some sort of clip in the near future

I was reading the Knowledge Base of Shure today and it mentions that they sell a clip that fits the cables of their earphones. It's originally designed for one of their microphones. This may solve the 10-pound-lead problem that the original poster has. I wonder if anyone here has one?

Mar 23, 2006 at 1:16 PM Post #17 of 23
Having the cables running over my ears, thighten the neck tightener thing and using a clothes clip will almost always make any cable liveable. I found a nice universal clip with a spring loaded cable holder that fits almost any size of headphone cable. As long as you attach the clip so that you can move your head fully in any direction without the neck cable pulling in the clip, this is a very comfortable setup.
clothes%20clip.jpg

clip n go!

Mar 23, 2006 at 1:52 PM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Affi75
Having the cables running over my ears, thighten the neck tightener thing and using a clothes clip will almost always make any cable liveable. I found a nice universal clip with a spring loaded cable holder that fits almost any size of headphone cable. As long as you attach the clip so that you can move your head fully in any direction without the neck cable pulling in the clip, this is a very comfortable setup.
clothes%20clip.jpg

clip n go!

Link for ordering, please? Thanks!

Mar 23, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #19 of 23
That clip sounds like a good idea if the cord is bugging you.

I wear mine over my ears, and it feels OK, but that's just me.

They feel like falling out? What kind of sleeves/buds are you using? I use the clear, medium-sized ones and they stay in for me. But, I'm not running or anything.

Hey, how can you guys stand running with your E4c's or other IEM? I feel and hear every step I take, and for some reason, I feel like that pounding noise is worse for my ears than the music!

Mar 23, 2006 at 4:25 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oga
Appearance and actuality not he same. The Ety's have superb build quality. I have had the Er-6 and now the ER-6i. You must be kidding if you think they are not built to last. The wire is thin - it is also very strong. I don't think they owe anyone an apology for actually achieving both.

I lost a first pair (under warranty) to a loose fit of the plug to wire on some 6i, but the replacement was much better in this department. Had them since they were out too.

Mar 23, 2006 at 6:53 PM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckybaer
Hey, how can you guys stand running with your E4c's or other IEM? I feel and hear every step I take, and for some reason, I feel like that pounding noise is worse for my ears than the music!

The trick is to run with the beat of the music.

Mar 23, 2006 at 7:44 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevindb
Link for ordering, please? Thanks!

kevindb, we use these internally at work and for some of our products, but you can check with our facility (Starkey Labs) where you live if they can sell you one :)

Apr 4, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #23 of 23
Plantronics headsets carry the perfect clip for your cable. You might be able to purchase a clip or two from their website.

I have a two Plantronics headsets sitting around ( purchased them for gaming) and I'll be using a clip with the Shure E4C I just purchased.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back