E4C nozzle issue
Jun 5, 2007 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Neccros

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

This is my first post here so be gentle!

I got a set of E4C's recently and used them for about 3 months with no issues then one day all of a sudden I noticed the balance was off to the right slightly and I determined the nozzle was clogged.

I proceeded to swap nozzles and everything was fine, then like a week later boom, another nozzle clogged. Now I clean my ears religiously everyday and hardly have wax in my ears!! So I find it hard to beleive wax got built up inside the E4Cs

What can I do to deal with this issue?? are there any tricks to keep them clean? Out of frustration I did pop the small screen out of one of them and installed it. It seems the E4Cs sounded a little louder and clearer w/o this screen...

Any suggestions???

Jun 5, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #5 of 11
Removing the wax filter would be even more serious than the nozzle itself being clogged. It's there for exactly that reason, getting the nozzle clogged rather than getting earwax INSIDE the housing where the drivers or anything else that might take damage or get degraded sound quality.

There was a thread a while back dealing with the nozzle cleaning issues, can't remember the name. I think I got it bookmarked at home so I can probably dig it up once I get off work, unless someone else manages to find it.

Jun 5, 2007 at 6:16 PM Post #6 of 11
What sucks is I clean my ears everyday and NEVER see wax in the ear nozzles!! So is there some invisible wax I dont see??
smily_headphones1.gif

Sleeves?? I am using the clear ones in medium... (I forget what they are made from)

Jun 5, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #7 of 11
If your ear wax gets into the unit, you're in big trouble, I suggest you put them back.

if ur not seeing any wax, than it shouldnt be the problem,
did you ensure you got a good fit? cause the clear sleeves sometimes goes too deep and it'll cause the sound to go unbalance, maybe try pulling it out A BIT would help.

Jun 5, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neccros /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What sucks is I clean my ears everyday and NEVER see wax in the ear nozzles!! So is there some invisible wax I dont see??
smily_headphones1.gif

That is exactly the case, just because you don't see anything doesn't mean there's nothing there
wink.gif

There's still going to be bacteria buildup within the nozzle and sooner or later it's going to be a thin see-through film on the filter which might be the cause of the problem you're expiriencing.

Jun 5, 2007 at 6:29 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg9198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If your ear wax gets into the unit, you're in big trouble, I suggest you put them back.

if ur not seeing any wax, than it shouldnt be the problem,
did you ensure you got a good fit? cause the clear sleeves sometimes goes too deep and it'll cause the sound to go unbalance, maybe try pulling it out A BIT would help.

The fit is perfect and quite comfortable....

Jun 5, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #10 of 11
I hope this is not the problem...try holding your cable(the one with problem)near the connection point to the unit, and moving it a bit, I'm afraid that the cable has loosen.(I got that problem with my first pair, had to send it back...)

Jun 5, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sieg9198 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope this is not the problem...try holding your cable(the one with problem)near the connection point to the unit, and moving it a bit, I'm afraid that the cable has loosen.(I got that problem with my first pair, had to send it back...)

No its not an issue at all....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back