e4c- may 16th
May 7, 2005 at 1:23 AM Post #16 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by macman88
how do you think they are giving $100 off. it doesn't make sense. that is a huge break. has anyone ordered them yet.

I ordered the E4c from Headroom. $199 seems to be the standard street price. Inflating the MSRP and offering larger discounts off MSRP is a standard retailing trick to make people feel like they are getting a good deal.

May 7, 2005 at 5:21 AM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by madddskillz
I live in Canada and didn't have to pay any fees at all for my e2cs
smily_headphones1.gif
and the guy even wrote 75 bucks!

I just had to pay $38 for a $40-valued headphone.

May 7, 2005 at 6:23 AM Post #18 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiPi
The only thing though is that EarphoneSolution.com offers free shipping only in the US. I'm in Canada, and their shipping costs $30 and I'm sure that when the package arrives at my door, the delivery guy will be asking for $100 in brokerage fee or such crap.
frown.gif

Now if only a Head-Fi'er would be nice and order a pair for me and ship it to my door for less..... (without writing it's a 200$ item on the box)
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

I got my E4c order price matched at earphonesolutions for $181.99.

The main reason I wanted to buy from them (and why I'm recommending them!) is that they don't make non-US buyers figure out how to avoid customs duties. They actually have a USPS option on their site specifically for international customers like me who don't want the hassle and customs expense associated with courier services.

With other dealers I had to email them and ask about better delivery options for int'l customers and I got answers like 'Yes, we can do that' but no follow up with prices/details. Disappointing, because it's a big deal for me if I have to pay $50 just for Customs to liberate my merchandise.

I hope this helps non-US Head-Fiers.

EDIT: I got them to price match beachaudio.com for those who are interested.

May 7, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #19 of 42
Now I'm really wondering if I want to participate in the group buy. The best price for the group buy (last I checked) was about $180. But if I can buy it myself and also have the full two year warrenty then it would elimnate a lot of the hassle of having to go through a third party.
rolleyes.gif

May 7, 2005 at 12:17 PM Post #21 of 42
We're living in exciting times, no? Can't wait to read the reviews on all this new stuff and what was that about a trade up from E3 to E4? I bought my E3's from earphone solutions as well and I'd do business with them again in a heartbeat. Great on-line seller!

May 7, 2005 at 1:03 PM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGory
I got my E4c order price matched at earphonesolutions for $181.99.

I hope this helps non-US Head-Fiers.

WOW, thanks for letting us know iGory!!! That helps even the US Head-Fiers. I just emailed them myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi
Now I'm really wondering if I want to participate in the group buy. The best price for the group buy (last I checked) was about $180. But if I can buy it myself and also have the full two year warrenty then it would elimnate a lot of the hassle of having to go through a third party.
rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I was one of the first on that group buy thread and have been following it anxiously for what seems forever. While I really appreciate what they are doing, their desire to satisfy everybody and demand utmost flexibility ultimately meant that there may not be all that great of a deal at the end of the day (at least as it stands right now).

I'm most likely going to go with what iGory suggested above. At this price I'd probably end up paying what $10 (or maybe $20) more than the group buy price? This is a SMALL premium to pay to be one of the first to get my hands on these highly anticipated phones and enjoy listening to them while the group buy continues to wait for the E4 release (maybe 2 to 4 weeks later) and sort out the logistics of filling everyone's order (yet another couple of weeks?).

May 7, 2005 at 1:03 PM Post #23 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by JiPi
The only thing though is that EarphoneSolution.com offers free shipping only in the US. I'm in Canada, and their shipping costs $30 and I'm sure that when the package arrives at my door, the delivery guy will be asking for $100 in brokerage fee or such crap.
frown.gif

Now if only a Head-Fi'er would be nice and order a pair for me and ship it to my door for less..... (without writing it's a 200$ item on the box)
rolleyes.gif

Send them an email. They adjusted the the value when I bought from them, and even though the packegeds was opened at customer's office no duties were added since ES send the invoice by email only.

Also, I though US, Canada and Mexico had a tradeunion in NAFTA, but that's no good for cunsumers?

May 7, 2005 at 5:02 PM Post #24 of 42
that is my dilemma. either the shure e4c or the super.fi 5 pro.

are the currently best prices that we have seen-
$180- e4c
$169- super.fi (don't count on this, i cant find the page again)

May 7, 2005 at 6:33 PM Post #25 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by macman88
are the currently best prices that we have seen-
$180- e4c
$169- super.fi (don't count on this, i cant find the page again)

... $169?!

May 7, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
... $169?!

I think that's more likely to be the street price of the 5EB. Seems a little unrealistic for the 5 Pro's street price to be 1/3 of its retail (though it has happened before
icon10.gif
).

May 8, 2005 at 10:35 AM Post #29 of 42
well,you can check all the sites you visted if you use the same computer. My IE maybe isn't the same as yours but i can press the button with a clock and pile next to "my favorites" to se which pages you visited each day...so If you know that you visited it yesterday....watch under "yesterday" and it shows all the sites you visited on the computer.

May 9, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #30 of 42
I checked the webpage and earphonesolutions list the price as $299.99? How did you get the $200 price tag? I'm under the impression the E4C is white? If so, when will the black colour version be released?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back