E4c and E4 pic... Shure build quality...?
Jul 13, 2005 at 2:28 AM Post #16 of 27
haha, thanks Sugarfried. damn, how come I did not get that joke.

Jul 13, 2005 at 3:11 AM Post #17 of 27
I just got a pair of these and yes there are some minor finish issues but overall they are quite well made and feel very study. Plus they look a hellava lot better than anything Ety has done. example--->
etysmile.gif
But my e2c's didnt have any finishing issues but they were used, so those could have been worn off, and they didnt have any rubber on them.

Jul 13, 2005 at 9:22 AM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zuerst
Someone should slap me over the back of my head for being so anal.

How about a request to review everything you can get your hands on and a virtual Medal of Nitpickiest instead?
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:32 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
virtual Medal of Nitpickiest instead?

Virtual so he cant find flaws in it or because you dont wanna pay for postage?
biggrin.gif

Jul 13, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by thebrain
I just got a pair of these and yes there are some minor finish issues but overall they are quite well made and feel very study. Plus they look a hellava lot better than anything Ety has done. example--->
etysmile.gif
But my e2c's didnt have any finishing issues but they were used, so those could have been worn off, and they didnt have any rubber on them.

I went from Ety ER6i to Shure E4. Definately prefer the build quality of E4. As for the finish, it's very natural to have non-perfect surface on the body. The plastic injection is rather a fancy one since it's over-molded plastic with 2 different finishes which encapsulates the drivee in 1 injection body. Believe me it's better than having 2 pices snapped together. Of course I noticed the durable metal ring that ensures the closing of the plastic body as well. Very nice touch for visual and build quality purpose.

I would say this fit/finish might not perfect surfacing, but results better fit/durability.

Jul 13, 2005 at 5:50 PM Post #21 of 27
I received a couple of pairs of E4's yesterday, and the fit and finish seems
first class on both pairs.
I also own and use the ER4 [now two since i received my spare pair
biggrin.gif
]
and have no complaints there either.
I do like the removable tubes incorporated into the E4 design, a similar approach
with the ER4 would probably go a long way toward reassuring those
who are worried about splits and breakages with the Etymotic.
Maybe Etymotic will consider this when the time comes to revise the
product.

setmenu

Jul 13, 2005 at 9:49 PM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigD
I went from Ety ER6i to Shure E4. Definately prefer the build quality of E4. As for the finish, it's very natural to have non-perfect surface on the body. The plastic injection is rather a fancy one since it's over-molded plastic with 2 different finishes which encapsulates the drivee in 1 injection body. Believe me it's better than having 2 pices snapped together. Of course I noticed the durable metal ring that ensures the closing of the plastic body as well. Very nice touch for visual and build quality purpose.

I would say this fit/finish might not perfect surfacing, but results better fit/durability.

Thanks for that observation. We spent considerable time developing a robust product that also looks and feels like quality.

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:00 PM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfried
Thanks for that observation. We spent considerable time developing a robust product that also looks and feels like quality.

Hey Sugarfried, on my pair of E4 there is a tiny rubber chunk missing where the rubbery cone part meets the darker hard plastic part and I can see a bit of hard plastic exposed underneath. I assume the earphones needs an air tight chamber to perform at best so will that missing little chunk create/allow an air leak and thus making the driver perform at a lest than optimal level?

Jul 13, 2005 at 11:19 PM Post #24 of 27
i wouldnt call it a missing chunk i thought that shape on the edge of the sleeves was to let them be more flexible hence adjusting better to your canal´s shape... could be wrong tho but every sleeve i have seen has this shape at the edge.

*edit* to be more precise it makes easier for the sleeve to kind of "fold" so it is shaped easier, if that shape werent there then the sleeve would make more resistance and it would be harder for it to insert and adjust to you ear canals. Now im curious can someone find out if im right?

** nevermind me, didnt read carefully, i thought you were talking about the sleeves, and you meant the part were the cable comes in.

Jul 14, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #26 of 27
Zuerst: The acoustic seal takes place inside the part you're talking about (the rubber relief continues on through the plastic on the inside), so I don't think there would be any acoustic issues with the void in the rubber.

thebrain: Thanks. That's awesome to hear.

Dec 17, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, i just recieved my er6i's, thin cables.

Ety's remarkable durability belies their frail appearance.

Not remarkable to the point you can use them while going for combat training or sofa pressure tests, but just enough to withstand day-to-day life's whimsical rubs-'n-rams.

Though I'm sure looking at Shure products, their durability > Ety's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back