e3c not "fun" enough. i want "fun" in-ear (isolation). rawr.
Jun 22, 2005 at 7:14 PM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
I mean, you think the HD650's are "fun."

yep. with the proper source or amp the 650s rock. they're not a rocking phone by nature though, why'd i give you that impression
confused.gif
I only had them for so long because.. well i guess because i didn't know what else to buy. don't fix it if it ain't broke
wink.gif

Jul 13, 2005 at 11:26 PM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49
YOU NEED SUPER.FI's 5 PROS. YEP you need em!!!!

but they suck...................................

Jul 13, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #20 of 27
Obviously fun is subjective. For people like me who mainly listen to pop (kelly clarkson) / rap (eminem) / punk rock (blink 182), fun means a lot of extra bass, balanced mids, and slightly raised highs. I don't think any phones come like this stock (at least not high end phones - they strive to be neutral). Except for Grados I think you'll be stuck using an equalizer to make them fun. The closest thing in canal phones I have heard to what you describe are the er4p's which have sufficient bass, but still not enough to suit my bass head lifestyle.

I would strongly suggest that before you blow off the e3c's try to eq them a bit. You'll probably want to raise the bass signifacantly, lower the mids a bit, and raise the highs alot also (as the shure phones have slightly recessed highs). This is the same story as the e2c's to address an early poster's concern.

What I find very suprising is that you seem to listen to metal/rock music yet you find the 650's fun. That kinda throws me off.

Jul 14, 2005 at 1:53 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
Found them. MD33. Yum.
etysmile.gif

Ugh. I think you guys missed this post
rolleyes.gif
I was updating this thread to let the good people of HeadFi know that i'd found what I seeked, not to continue some silly arguement
biggrin.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 2:00 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

I would strongly suggest that before you blow off the e3c's try to eq them a bit.

Been there, done that.
frown.gif
EQ on the iPod distorts horribly, and even after reducing the mp3s level s to 80dB (!) it still distorts. Ridiculous.

Quote:

What I find very suprising is that you seem to listen to metal/rock music yet you find the 650's fun. That kinda throws me off.

Well, that is running them through a Gilmore v2se. makes a difference
wink.gif
But I am selling them anyways, so rest assured the HD650 isn't exactly my cup of tea either. I don't remember saying I found them "fun", at least not recently, so I dunno where that other guy got that idea from.
confused.gif

ALthough, the "normal" (i.e. not in-ear or canal) phone I liked the best so far was the RS-1, which to be honest isn't that far from the HD650 in my opinion. It's like an... uhm... HD750. Or something.
tongue.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #26 of 27
May I suggest MP3gain for EQ tweaks with your iPod. It has worked for a lot of people and may do wonders for your E3's. The MD33's are solid phones and are definitely on the "fun" side of the spectrum especially if you enjoy bass. For future upgrades may I recommend the EM3's if you're looking for sub $100 IEM's (talk about fun and bassy), further down the line the E5's sound like another IEM that might fit your needs, and if you keep participating in Head-fi I'll be looking forward to your review of your new UE10's...hehehe...congrats again for finding phones that are complimentary to your tastes.
600smile.gif

Jul 14, 2005 at 5:17 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbirkett
I know its not a canal phone, but the KSC-75 is meant to be fun, and is at least portable anyway...

I second the ksc-75's. I can't believe how good these things sound for $20...I was listening to The Pixies on them lastnight...multi bueno sound
lambda.gif

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back