e3c not "fun" enough. i want "fun" in-ear (isolation). rawr.
Jun 21, 2005 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Headphoneus Supremus
Title says it all. I have some cheapo Sony ones that im enjoying, mostly, but their treble is way too harsh. but they're more fun than the e3c, that is a boring phone.

Heard good things about Sharp MD33. and sony EX series. i am a basshead btw, but it has to be balanced with the other stuff to some degree. having craploads of bass without mids or without treble defeats the purpose.

not really interested in all that audiophile crap. as long as it is really fun to listen to, and doesn't rip my ears out (i.e. like i said, skull-pounding bass or metallic harsh highs) i am good. sort of a dt531 or portapro of in-ear/ semi-in-ear/canal phones

Very dissapointed in Shure overall. This is my angry face --->
mad.gif

Jun 21, 2005 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
Title says it all. I have some cheapo Sony ones that im enjoying, mostly, but their treble is way too harsh. but they're more fun than the e3c, that is a boring phone.

Heard good things about Sharp MD33. and sony EX series. i am a basshead btw, but it has to be balanced with the other stuff to some degree. having craploads of bass without mids or without treble defeats the purpose.

not really interested in all that audiophile crap. as long as it is really fun to listen to, and doesn't rip my ears out (i.e. like i said, skull-pounding bass or metallic harsh highs) i am good. sort of a dt531 or portapro of in-ear/ semi-in-ear/canal phones

Very dissapointed in Shure overall. This is my angry face --->
mad.gif

Wrong section.
Ex81.
evil_smiley.gif

The mids are a bit recessed but I think it produces a good balanced sound overall.

Jun 21, 2005 at 12:48 PM Post #5 of 27
i think the shure e4c is pretty fun, but if you are disappointed with the shure earphones, how about the UE superfi pro? it's got good bass and should be fun.

Jun 21, 2005 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 27
considering this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
i am a basshead btw, but it has to be balanced with the other stuff to some degree. having craploads of bass without mids or without treble defeats the purpose.

...I'd definitely go for the MD33/EP630.

Jun 21, 2005 at 3:33 PM Post #7 of 27
md33s are definitely fun. When I come home from school or whatever, I always keep listening to my ipod for several hours because I just can't stop.

Jun 21, 2005 at 8:11 PM Post #9 of 27
People who know me know which canals I "push"

I listen to mostly metal : Opeth, Grip Inc, Dimmu Borgir, etc. I absolutely love my $99 Future Sonics EM3's. Alone with my Zen Micro, they are "fun". Adding the $50 Pocket Amp2 V2 makes my setup complete. I personally think the overall sound is phenominal for the maount of money I spent. Due to my ear size, I ordered the ETY xtra large yellow foamies. Perfect in all respects.

Jun 21, 2005 at 8:43 PM Post #10 of 27
I have no clue how you could call Shures "not fun" when they make the E5, one of the most fun canal phones around.

Your idea of "fun" might be very different from mine, though; I mean, you think the HD650's are "fun."

I'd go for a Shure E4 or a heavily EQed Super-Fi.

-Matt

Jun 21, 2005 at 9:09 PM Post #11 of 27
Shure e5. Nuff said. You don't like recessed mids, and the UM2 has slightly recessed mids, which would be my other recommendation, but the e5 doesn't suffer from any of that. It's pricey, yes, but you will love it's sound. Just think of all the other canalphones you'll buy and then sell at a loss before you arrive at the e5, and you'll see financial wisdom in getting them
etysmile.gif

When the Hornet comes out, it will make just about anything sound fun, so you might want to check out that too.

Jun 21, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #13 of 27
Sduidek, you're not enjoying the e3c's??

That's a shame...
I found them to be bass deficient, and because of this sometimes sounded thin and analytical straight from the ipod.

Maybe you should try the e5c or um2. I havent heard them myself yet, but from what I've read they seem to have much better bass and could be the "fun" IEM you're looking for.

Oh BTW, the banana stand is soo cool!!
cool.gif

Jun 22, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by chungsoi
Sduidek, you're not enjoying the e3c's??

That's a shame...
I found them to be bass deficient, and because of this sometimes sounded thin and analytical straight from the ipod.

Maybe you should try the e5c or um2. I havent heard them myself yet, but from what I've read they seem to have much better bass and could be the "fun" IEM you're looking for.

Oh BTW, the banana stand is soo cool!!
cool.gif

dont get me wrong, im enjoying them, just not as much as i thought i would. nothing personal
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back