E3c - London shop prices?
Mar 3, 2005 at 6:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

shirleywhite

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone found a London shop selling E3c's? I found some stockists listed on the Shure Uk site. First 2 (music shops) I tried said didnt stock that model. Found one on Tottenham Ct Rd (Shasonic) had some in - but they asked for £175 !! Wouldnt come down in price - was thinking that a shop price of around £120 would be the norm? ( Bearing in mind that ebay seems to average around £99 ?? ) Any info please?

Mar 3, 2005 at 7:31 PM Post #2 of 14
You're out of luck there i'm afraid.

The shops on TCR charge the same in sterling as what the Americans do in dollars, a straight conversion $500 = £500 for the Shure E5C!!
eek.gif

You'd be better off getting them online from an overseas stockist, and running the risk on the customs duty (of course, you could try to ask the vendor if they could mark the item as a gift...
wink.gif
)

Mar 3, 2005 at 8:08 PM Post #5 of 14
Hello,

I live in London, and I would recommend not bothering with the E3's (I had them for about four months)

I wouldn't say I have perfect ears as some do on this website, but I like Shure for some reason and I missed out the E3's long term and went straight from the E2's to the E5's which I love, not only because they are great with my Ipod but also because, unlike the custom made earphones, you can resell them if you ever want to upgrade.

I got my E5's on this website for £180, which is not much more that you would get E3's.

I have never looked back. If you don't feel you can stretch to that, and it took me a while to bite the bullet, I would go for the E2's - I think they are a very good all round earphone.

Not sure if that is any help but hopefully it will.

Tom.

Mar 3, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 14
Also I forgot to mention - the E3 look a bit silly in your ears - they stick out masses, whereas the E5's are pretty discreet.

Tom.

Mar 3, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #7 of 14
Thanks for the advice/comments Tom. Will certainly check out the E5s. I was thinking that in the "pure" looks/discreteness area that the E3s were neatest - I've only seen/played with the E2's and 3s ! Will consider 5s now.
PS Of course the newish E4s should also be on the shortlist too I guess!!

Mar 3, 2005 at 8:28 PM Post #8 of 14
shirlywhite have you lost your mind? order from a USA site. i ordered my etymotic er6i and get them shipped for about £75. there was no way in hell i was paying around £140 lol..

Mar 3, 2005 at 8:55 PM Post #9 of 14
well if you care about looks, keep in mind the e5's look more like hearing aids, whereas most people will be able to figure out the E3's are headphones. (well i guess technically they're not....)

Mar 3, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #11 of 14
Mar 4, 2005 at 12:28 AM Post #12 of 14
Damn It!

I clicked the button!!!

Sorry about my wallet
rolleyes.gif

Right, I'd better go to bed now! I've got to be up for work in 6 hours!

Shame there's some really good Drum & Bass on 1Xtra, live from Sheffield that's keeping me awake! (and the DT531's are doing well with it!)

Mar 8, 2005 at 9:19 PM Post #13 of 14
WooHoo!!

My E3C's arrived in the post this morning, just as described (Brand New!)

icon10.gif

I had to wait until lunch time at work today to listen to them, man, I have never clock-watched so much in my life!!!

Well, I selected the foamies after reading that most people on here seem to prefer them and stuck them in my ears! They go in really deep, and you can't see much of the white plastic at all (I asked a friend to look for me!)...

I powered them with my Evilfire cMoy, Pocket Dock and 20gb 4g iPod.

I tried a few tracks and instantly started to grin.

Next, I was just surfing my songs when I came across "Born Slippy" by Underworld, so I selected that and turned the amp up a little.

I closed my eyes (I couldn't hear my colleagues calling me "Geek" etc due to the fantastic isolation, but I knew they were doing!) and listened.

Damnit, I was carried away by the music.

I was transported back to the warehouse in which I first heard this track all those years ago: A few hundred sweaty people dancing manically, a massive sound system and a hardcore strobe light!

basshead.gif

WOW.

Then I put on some Katie Meluah (sp?) and by god, she sounded amazing!

They seem to play everything well... Even deep bass is there (which after reading the reviews all over the 'net, I was expecting the bass to be lacking)... They've not got the "in your face" bass of the EX70's, but it's a tighter, more controlled, more sensible bass, which I think will take some getting used to. At the moment, I'm very impressed with the mids and highs.

I'm just listening to "Bowtie" by Outcast and the horns sound so sweet!

etysmile.gif

Mar 8, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #14 of 14
Oooh!

I just tried all the different tips...

Grey softflex..

Large and Medum, both sounded crap.

Clear...

Large wouldn't fit in my ears.

Medium: DAMN!!! Now this is what I'm talking about! BASS!
basshead.gif

Better than the foamies!

Although you can feel them inside your ears, which you couldn't with the foams.
rolleyes.gif

Oh well, comfort = Foam, bass = medium clear

Sorry for hyjacking this thread btw...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back