E3 is almost here!
Jun 19, 2013 at 3:30 AM Post #76 of 107
Quote:
Weird. It has never been easier to trade games with friends as with Xbox one.

You can be offline for 99 percent a day.
You can't play any games on kinder eggs :)

I still have to log on once a day, if I'm gone its a pain.

You can play games WITH a kinder egg, and share it with friends.

Jun 19, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #77 of 107
You can play games with perhaps max 1 out of 24 kinder eggs so how is that better then Xbox Ones DRM. Get kind of expensive buying kinder eggs to be able to play games.
The ones I got only have crappy smurfs or something.

Share with your friend I think my friends would rather preferr my Xbox One with no disc requirement rather then kinder egg with chocolate on their hands.
I don´t see why they take that as a negative. Sony won´t be so hassle free there you have to take the disc with you and then have to remind your pal to give it back to you when you want to play again :)

Time will tell but regarding this MS seem to have the more generous solution :wink:

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #78 of 107
Say what you want, in the long run Xbox One will have games cheaper thanks to DRM.  Anyone that has a stake in the used game market will convince you otherwise.

You can argue that the GDDR5 on the PS4 is superior, though I think the stricter PC-like hardware implementations on the Xbox One make it easier for PC/Console developers.

I'd wait on pre-ordering a PS4 just to see how Microsoft will pull the covers on Sony.  The PS4 looks to be a better gaming console on paper, but the PS in general always has.

If only GoW was on the PC, lol............

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #79 of 107
Quote:
in the long run Xbox One will have games cheaper thanks to DRM

Huh?

The dumb drm is gone now at least though. Still, the ps4 is still is $100 cheaper, more powerful, and aiming to get more indie support.

It's also dumb to preorder either system right now, most of the really amazing next gen games are coming out 2014. A lot of things can go wrong during development and even games that are planning a holiday release could easily get pushed back to 2014. The only reason to get the console at launch is bragging rights not for the games.

God of war is also owned by sony completely like naughty dog so can never expect any of those games to go to any other platform.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jun 20, 2013 at 4:39 AM Post #80 of 107
Nah, the PS isn't a better gaming console on paper. It's a better gaming console because it has a lot more and a lot better exclusives. And anyway Microsoft already knelt before the consumers after the outcry about their DRM restrictions. They thought they can act like Apple and whatever they do will go and it's hilarious how just a week after E3 they changed their mind and now there will be free trade of games and one-time only online authentication. 
I get it that you like xbox and it's your choice but expecting to get cheaper games because of DRM is wishful thinking. Now if piracy is your cup of tea than I'm pretty sure the xbox again will be hacked pretty fast again for people to just download the games from the web and Microsoft probably knew that in advance and expected that stupid DRM restrictions will help them with that.

Jun 20, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #81 of 107
Quote:
Say what you want, in the long run Xbox One will have games cheaper thanks to DRM.  Anyone that has a stake in the used game market will convince you otherwise.

You can argue that the GDDR5 on the PS4 is superior, though I think the stricter PC-like hardware implementations on the Xbox One make it easier for PC/Console developers.

I'd wait on pre-ordering a PS4 just to see how Microsoft will pull the covers on Sony.  The PS4 looks to be a better gaming console on paper, but the PS in general always has.

If only GoW was on the PC, lol............

Don't forget that the PS4's GPU has 50% more Stream Processors, and is reportedly clocked higher!

What makes you believe MS would have cheaper games thanks to DRM, though? I know a lot of people use Steam as an example as digital done right, and how MS could follow them, but Steam has competition. On Xbox One, there would be no competing marketplace.

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #82 of 107
Quote:

Don't forget that the PS4's GPU has 50% more Stream Processors, and is reportedly clocked higher!

What makes you believe MS would have cheaper games thanks to DRM, though? I know a lot of people use Steam as an example as digital done right, and how MS could follow them, but Steam has competition. On Xbox One, there would be no competing marketplace.

50% more stream processors or not that won't make a difference on the games because they are both based on the same architecture and it all depends on what developers will take advantage of when making the games. Not to mention both consoles have there fps locked. This is not a PC we're talking about where 50% more SP's can grant a good fps boast for tessilation, AA or supersampling effects.

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #83 of 107
Quote:
50% more stream processors or not that won't make a difference on the games because they are both based on the same architecture and it all depends on what developers will take advantage of when making the games. Not to mention both consoles have there fps locked. This is not a PC we're talking about where 50% more SP's can grant a good fps boast for tessilation, AA or supersampling effects.

You're right. We're talking about consoles, where relatively small performance upgrades make a huge difference.

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #85 of 107
Oooh, gotcha. I got confused at "this is not a PC... where".

It's late, I'm not reading right. lol.

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #86 of 107
Haha yeah I was a bit confused as well whether you were being sarcastic or I didn't word my sentence right. 

But yeah both consoles can have 5 GPU's and it wouldn't make much of a difference since fps is capped fairly low comparing against PC standards.

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #87 of 107
Is more than 60FPS really needed? My monitor supports 75Hz and I can't really see any difference between it and 60.

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #88 of 107
Quote:
Is more than 60FPS really needed? My monitor supports 75Hz and I can't really see any difference between it and 60.

Generally it's an e-peen extension for the hardcore enthusiast out there. But generally for me there is a night and day difference 60fps vs 120fps for games. 60fps although smooth is sluggish against 120fps. 

Jun 20, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #89 of 107
Ah, I guess it's just the sort of thing you'd have to be used to then? It really shouldn't be a problem for most people.

It is neat that so many developers are even targeting 60FPS next gen. This gen, a lot of developers were lucky to hit even 30FPS (Bethesda had trouble hitting 20FPS with Skyrim on PS3...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back