E2C's + Led Z. IV + me starting to get this (?)
May 25, 2005 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nrbelex

Head-Fier
I'm listening to IV on E2C's and I think I might be starting to find weaknesses in what I previously (despite everything I read & know) thought were incredible canalphones. In "Going to California", from 1:05 - 1:11 ("Took my chances on a big jet plane, Never let them tell you that they’re all the same"), is the fuzziness I'm hearing at the higher pitches a result of the recording or my headphones... or my imagination? Wow - this is the most ridiculous post ever...

~ Brett

May 25, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nrbelex
I'm listening to IV on E2C's and I think I might be starting to find weaknesses in what I previously (despite everything I read & know) thought were incredible canalphones. In "Going to California", from 1:05 - 1:11 ("Took my chances on a big jet plane, Never let them tell you that they’re all the same"), is the fuzziness I'm hearing at the higher pitches a result of the recording or my headphones... or my imagination? Wow - this is the most ridiculous post ever...

Those old albums are full of clipping, fuzzing and were engineered by pot smoking dudes. I would encourage you to check out with a newer, properly mixed and mastered album to see if the fuzziness is still there.

May 25, 2005 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

~ Brett

yeah, i just listened to that part and noticed the clipping on my SR-60s. it's the recording, not your phones
cool.gif

May 25, 2005 at 2:44 AM Post #5 of 8
Yeah Im hearing it too... on my MDRV6. so i think its the pot smoking dudes in the studio, not your cans.

Garrett

May 25, 2005 at 2:46 AM Post #6 of 8
Are there any benchmark CDs or songs I might be able to listen to in which I could find some weaknesses in these? Unfortunately I don't have access to much more at the moment but in the long term I'm considering the E4's or Er-4's if they are as good as people say. Anyway... I'm trying to find the areas which these will be improved upon. Thanks!

~ Brett

May 25, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Are there any benchmark CDs or songs I might be able to listen to in which I could find some weaknesses in these? Unfortunately I don't have access to much more at the moment but in the long term I'm considering the E4's or Er-4's if they are as good as people say. Anyway... I'm trying to find the areas which these will be improved upon. Thanks!

Look at this thread:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...gs+show+phones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back