e2c's - intermittent left channel
May 30, 2005 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Sinbios

1000+ Head-Fier
The left channel on my e2c's is cutting out intermittently, and I think it's a problem with the cable. I would normally fix this myself, but a) I think the problem lies at the base between the cable and the casing of the phone, and b) I'm planning to make a gift of them. I've heard so much about Shure's awesome customer service, so I'm wondering if they'll fix it without original proof of purchase? I've heard that they can determine the manufacturing date by the number on the side of the connector, and can give out warranty based on that.

Another thing I'm wondering about is, if I do send them in, will I get them back by next week? Else would they be willing to ship them to another address after they're done?

May 30, 2005 at 6:18 PM Post #2 of 7
Mine did the exact same thing with and intermittent left ear about two weeks ago. I send my back and had a new pair with in about a week. If you are on a time pinch you might just wait until you will be at your new address.

May 30, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by James63
Mine did the exact same thing with and intermittent left ear about two weeks ago. I send my back and had a new pair with in about a week. If you are on a time pinch you might just wait until you will be at your new address.

Actually, it's a birthday present, so that's why I'm kinda in a hurry ^^;

I guess a week will be OK though... but to Canada?

And did they ask you for proof of purchase?

May 30, 2005 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 7
I sent proof of purchase. I don't know if they need it. Just call them and find out.

May 30, 2005 at 11:00 PM Post #5 of 7
Just an aside to Shure Warranty policy and customer service. Its all great, people all over the forum rave about Shure's customer service and warranty policys. Have no fear, Shure will make you a happy customer.
cool.gif

May 30, 2005 at 11:05 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by PTheD
Just an aside to Shure Warranty policy and customer service. Its all great, people all over the forum rave about Shure's customer service and warranty policys. Have no fear, Shure will make you a happy customer.
cool.gif

Sure hope so, since I bought this pair here... maybe I could ask mr.karmalicious if he still has the receipt
580smile.gif

May 30, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinbios
maybe I could ask mr.karmalicious if he still has the receipt
580smile.gif

Might be worth the little effort it would take in PMing him to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back