E2C's in Melbourne?
Jun 22, 2005 at 9:54 AM Post #16 of 23
Hi Eric,

Isn't there somebody you can get to buy them for you on the Internet?

I wouldn't go anywhere near high-end IEMs from an Australian retailer; It's just too expensive. A workmate paid $375 for E3Cs in Australia. I paid $275 for E4Cs from earphonesolutions and that included postage from the US.

Internet headphone retail in the US is so aggressive on price that Australian shops would struggle to compete even if they weren't paying customs and postage.

Jun 22, 2005 at 9:59 AM Post #17 of 23
I hate to say this mate but if you have no luck with the retail stores and end up buying online consider the big American stores that ship internationally (some good 'uns on here - Earplug store, Earphone Solutions and Headroom) you'll notice that because competition is much more intense in the States, - and that's where they're made, that the price (even considering the exchange rate) is MUCH cheaper than any Australian online dealer.

I would rather buy from these guys than anyone on e-bay - especially as you're a young Auctralian.

I've bought from all three, got some great deals (click the "buy" for the cheapest price) and they've given excellent service.

Hope this helps.

For what you're after (new Shure's at a price a young Aussie can afford) I really think this is the best way to go. Talk to an older friend you trust with a credit card if you really want these phones guy.

ZT

Jun 22, 2005 at 10:01 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGory
Internet headphone retail in the US is so aggressive on price that Australian shops would struggle to compete even if they weren't paying customs and postage.

I hate you iGlory (teach's me to mince my words) - "what he said!"

ZT

Jun 22, 2005 at 10:37 AM Post #19 of 23
Thanks guys for offering these store names, i'm going to check out BillyHydes and the Sound Factory very soon. My holidays are coming up. Hope their price would be reasonable.

Jun 23, 2005 at 7:23 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGory
Hi Eric,

Isn't there somebody you can get to buy them for you on the Internet?

I wouldn't go anywhere near high-end IEMs from an Australian retailer; It's just too expensive. A workmate paid $375 for E3Cs in Australia. I paid $275 for E4Cs from earphonesolutions and that included postage from the US.

Ya i guess I'm guilty of avoiding the Australian distributors too... I bought some Shure e5c earphones about 12 months ago, and when I emailed Billy Hydes, they quoted me about AUD$1400 IIRC. I ended up managing to get them shipped from the USA for about AUD$650. Had to pretend I was someone else (mate from America) to do it, as the store in question would not ship outside the USA.

Jun 23, 2005 at 10:48 AM Post #21 of 23
Heyo guys

I managed to get in contact with a retailer in Billy Hydes and i'm ordering the e2c for $149 AUD. A fair price considering it's from an Australian shop + ordered. I don't want any fuss using any payments on the Internet, therefore i went for this deal. Thank you guys for all the tips provided, hopefully i would be able to experience the Shure's league (or entry level) of in-ear earphones.

Jun 23, 2005 at 11:49 PM Post #22 of 23
Congrads, Ericx for your E2c purchase, hope you enjoy it and don't forget to give us some impressions!

Overlunge

Jun 24, 2005 at 5:44 PM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackT
I hate to say this mate but if you have no luck with the retail stores and end up buying online consider the big American stores that ship internationally (some good 'uns on here - Earplug store, Earphone Solutions and Headroom) you'll notice that because competition is much more intense in the States, - and that's where they're made, that the price (even considering the exchange rate) is MUCH cheaper than any Australian online dealer.

I would rather buy from these guys than anyone on e-bay - especially as you're a young Auctralian.

I've bought from all three, got some great deals (click the "buy" for the cheapest price) and they've given excellent service.

Hope this helps.

For what you're after (new Shure's at a price a young Aussie can afford) I really think this is the best way to go. Talk to an older friend you trust with a credit card if you really want these phones guy.

ZT

FWIW Zack, I agree with you too
etysmile.gif
ie Do buy from reputable vendors such as the ones mentioned.

earphonesolutions answered all my queries on the same day. They matched a competitor's price too. The clincher for me, however, was them having an international mail option. Most Australian head-fiers know that getting goods in the post rather than from couriers goes a long way to helping you avoid paying customs duties.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back