E2C's Broke: Time for Some New IEMS! Advice anyone?
Dec 14, 2009 at 5:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

adoit90

New Head-Fier
My E2C's broke the other night and they're out of warranty by just under a month now, so instead of paying $50 to get them repaired, I'm thinking I'll just buy a new pair for slightly more.

It's been a few years since I was in the market, so I have no idea what's out there anymore and am looking for advice. I would really like good bass response, but I don't want to sacrifice overall SQ too much. I listen to a lot of rock, techno/electronica, and a little hip-hop. I intend to use these mostly when I'm working out, so I would really like a behind the ear style like the E2C's are.

My max budget to spend on these is $80, but I'm open to anything less if anyone knows of some really good cheaper ones. Thanks for any ideas anyone.

Dec 14, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 10
I vote Fischer Audio Eterna for the genres you listen to.
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #4 of 10
Thanks,

Quote:

Klipsch image S4.

I've seen these compared to REO's from Headdirect a bit around here and that the REO's might be lacking in personality and emotion in favor of technicality; how would you say the S4's compare in those terms? I have found I prefer emotion and personality over flat technical EQs when comparing my JVC RX700's to my brothers Audio Technica cans. Do you think the S4's have more punch/personality?

Quote:

I vote Fischer Audio Eterna for the genres you listen to.

From what I've read now these seem like they could be a possible match, but I'm having difficulty finding where to buy as a US resident. Could anyone point me in the right direction as well as tell me what the normal prices are?

EDIT:

Oh and I forgot to ask how either of those 'phones are amped vs. un-amped; does anyone know?

I'll be driving these with my HTC Shadow when moving until I can afford a better source.

Dec 14, 2009 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by adoit90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've seen these compared to REO's from Headdirect a bit around here and that the REO's might be lacking in personality and emotion in favor of technicality; how would you say the S4's compare in those terms? I have found I prefer emotion and personality over flat technical EQs when comparing my JVC RX700's to my brothers Audio Technica cans. Do you think the S4's have more punch/personality?

I own both and the S4 will deliver more emotion or what I like to call musicality. The RE0 wins with clarity and detail. With an amp, there is a bigger difference with the RE0 than compared to the S4. The S4 still improves but not as much as the RE0. I used a HeadRoom micro amp.

Dec 14, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypnosx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of "emotion", I don't think many iem in that price range can do worse than e2c in that department lol.....imo of course

I received the E2C's as a gift before I knew about this site or much of anything at all about audio equipment; they were a big step up from anything else I had ever used. I wouldn't be surprised if you were right though haha.

Dec 15, 2009 at 5:24 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypnosx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of "emotion", I don't think many iem in that price range can do worse than e2c in that department lol.....imo of course

I liked my e2c. I thought they were pretty fun to listen to. I haven't heard either the RE0 or the S4, but having read quite a bit about both my impression is that if you liked your e2c's, you'll be a lot happier with the S4's.

I know, not terribly helpful since I haven't used either, but I hey it didn't cost ya' nothin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back