E2c vs E3c
Jun 6, 2004 at 6:34 AM Post #16 of 22
The air conditioner must be really loud, if you cant hear it over your music...
Me thinks you should find the fan and spray the living hell out of it with some WD-40

Jun 6, 2004 at 6:38 AM Post #17 of 22
It's a very odd air conditioning setup for the whole building. Instead of the usual system of having ducts on the roof, they have metal ducts running around all the walls, and it is indeed very loud. The air conditioning doesn't work that well either...

I probably wouldn't buy the Etys after I buy shures, because the E2c i'm sure will be fine for most of my on-the-move listening. 128kbps mp3s and fm radio don't need really expensive cans
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks again

Jun 6, 2004 at 10:53 AM Post #19 of 22
I have the e3c's, and am extremely satisfied with them. I wear them everywhere. On the bus, at the park, downtown, near a really annoyingly loud freeway bus station, at home, and while at work. I listen to a variety of styles of music as well as Audible.com audiobooks, and am constantly impressed by the clarity; clarity that sometimes even reveals problems from when the music was recorded.

When I first got them, I found them really awkward and complicated to put on. Within a month, I was able to put them on at almost the same speed as I could put regular earbuds on. It just becomes habit. I tend to switch between the foamies and the rubber inserts depending on my mood or circumstances around me.

I have never tried the e2c's, but when I first looked them over, they seemed a bit big to me. I like how my e3c's almost are unnoticeable to me when I'm wearing them and don't really stick out much at all, maybe 15% more than regular earbuds would.

I also wear mine with the cord going over the ear, then down in front of my chest, not down my back, since that WOULD be more work to put on, and to simply keep in my ears especially when wearing a backpack. I have done this at times as well while traveling, and it was indeed handy, but I would do it on a regular basis.

Hope this helps you get an idea of what it's like to use the e3c's.

Jun 6, 2004 at 12:16 PM Post #20 of 22
commando
HI: I had the E2 and was very happy with then and used them on my FM radio every night for a talk show for 1 1/2 hours. I also used them in my minidisc with a super mini amp. Great sound and comfort. Then the E3 came out so I sold the E2 and bought the E3. The E3 had better detail but less bass and went into my ear canal and kept sliding out of my ear. They were no ware as comfortable as the E2. The E2 don't go in my ear canal but just to the opening of it. I had no trouble with the E2 and for bang for the buck the E2 was a winner. So I sold the E3 and bought the E2 again. I get only so much sound from my FM radio and minidisc. The sound is not my NAD C542 and ppa amp with senn. 595. LOL. For portable sound the E2 is a great buy and very comfortable. Remember the E2 just go to the opening of the ear canal and with a slight twist seal very well and are very comfortable and sound great in my portable stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back