e2c vs. cx300 (which has more isolation?)
Aug 3, 2006 at 6:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Banfi T.

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I think the title of thread speaks for itself. My ex71 just gave up and I need a new phone for the travel. I am not a ctritical listener on the road, the ex71 was kinda enough sound quality wise. The isolation could be better however, since the train or the subway was just to much noise to block out for the ex71 thus I just kept turning the volume up > no good.

Now, I read here that the cx300 is on the level with e2c SQ wise, and I read some second thoughts about the e2c having better isolation.

So the question is: does the e2c has much better isolation?

(Mind you, the e2c is cost more than twice the cx300 and it is much more bulky too, so I am not biased toward it, but isolation is a major question here.)

Aug 3, 2006 at 6:58 AM Post #2 of 4
SQ is better, isolation is better. Get the E2C and never look back
cool.gif
The CX300 doesn't improve that much imo when amped (the balance of bass, mid and highs throughout gets smoother though), while the E2C does improve quit a bit, cause it's already a greater IEM compared to the CX300 (price/value rating).

Aug 3, 2006 at 7:04 AM Post #3 of 4
The CX300 is a canal phone, not an IEM, unlike the Shure E-series that offer way better isolation.......I had the E2C's, sounded decent but the ultra-soft sleeves wouldn't stay in my ears. Both blow away ther uber-crappy EX71's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back