E2c upgrade: IEM with same sound as HD-555/595 ?
Nov 9, 2007 at 7:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sebb

100+ Head-Fier
Hi fellow Headfiers,

Time for upgrade !?! >>> Need your help !

Here's my story: I was feeling perfectly happy with my gear: (i) HD-555 for home & TV use; (ii) E2c for air plane travel; (iii) KSC-75 for portable use while needing to hear what's going on around me. But things have changed. I am more and more listening to music at my office, for which I need IEMs. It's a quiet environment, so the E2c which where doing a decent job on a plane (which all the engine noise and vibration) are now showing their weaknesses, even more when using black flex sleeves (foamies are better but not ideal for office use with lots of in and out). In particular, when comparing with my HD-555, the latter sound so much better. I'd like to find such sound quality with IEMs, another requirement being "easy in and out". What should I go for ?

Based on some reading here and there, I was considering Shure SE420 or Westone UM2. Does this seem to be a good selection ? Am I missing something ? Whay would you advice as upgrade for E2c, knowing I'm willing to spend up to 300$ (more is possible if really worth it) ? Besides sound quality, any coment on comfort and ergonomics are welcome.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Nov 9, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #2 of 3
I did some reading through this forum... Seems like the real question is: SE530 or UM2 ? Pricewize I'd go for the UM2, unless the SE530 is *really* worth it...

Advice ? Thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back