e2c questions
May 11, 2005 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nomdeguerre

formerly w1ned
I'm looking into the shure e2c's and have some questions

is 80 more for e3c worth it?

how is the fit compared to ex71

do you have to wear it around the ear like the pics?

May 11, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by w1ned

1) no
2) Fit is not as comfortable. Exerts more pressure on the ear canal. Soft sleeves help a lot IMHO. Physically its bigger than the EX71, so if you have REALLY small ears it may not fit very well. cable is much thicker, stiffer and heavier than EX71.
3) Theoretically no, but the weight of the cord will pull it out of your ear. I run mine around my ear, past my jaw and in front of my neck, down inside my shirt collar.

My oppinions of course...
Garrett

May 11, 2005 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by w1ned

1) well, it really depends on what your priorities are. I had e2c then e3c and now e2c's. If I could have kept the e3c's I would have, but I needed some more $$ at the time. the e3c's definitely sound better, a little bit clearer in all respects, but with less bass. what I miss the most about the e3c's is the ease and comfort. Damn those things were comfortable and really easy to insert. Even with the ultra-softs on the e2c's I don't find them nearly as nice (I think it has to do with the large diameter of the hard plastic tube). I found I could sleep on my side with the e3c's and I wouldn't even think of it with the e2c's. I might look into getting e3's if people start unloading them cheap after the e4/c comes out.

2) not as easy or comfortable as the sonys.

3) around the ear gets to be easy and fast after a little practice. I also keep the cord in front of my body. around the ear more or less eliminates microphonics and I wish other canals had that design (btw, I got the best seal with the e3c's worn straight in, but this was usually too microphonic)

edit: also a search on e2c e3c should turn up plenty of answers to your first question

May 12, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #5 of 6
thanks everyone!

how's the comfort compared to they ety 6i's with 2 flanged tips?
I used to have the 6i's but returned them when i conisdered that a normal high school life would get such fragile looking things damaged too soon

i found inserting 2 flanged tips s snap, but the 3 hurt too much. doesn anyone have a pic of the ety 6i or ex71 and a e2c side by side? anyone out there own both and are willing to take a pic for me?

thanks!

May 12, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #6 of 6
I attached a shirt clip to the part there the 1 wire breaks into 2 takes like all the weight off and stops the pulling out of my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back