E2c ??? Difference between Sony EX71's and EX51's ????? help please.
Feb 2, 2005 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

cozmo5050

Head-Fier
i used to own the Shure E2c's but unfortunately, it was too uncomfortable because the smallest flex sleeve would BARELY fit half-way into my ear canal. the only thing that worked was the smallest foam piece, but that is crappy and disposable.. ---are the E3c's come w/ smaller, more flexible ear pieces? i my consider buying them if they fit 'smaller' ear canals w/ the super soft black sleeves.

ANYWAYS.... so far i really like the fit of the sony fontopia ex51/ex71's. BUT ARE THEY THE SAME ???? the only difference i notice is that the EX71's come w/ a zip-up case... now a 20 dollar difference just for that is ridiculous. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS?

---help this newbie out. thanks.
rolleyes.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 7
you might wanna consider the ex81. as comfortable as the ex71, if not more and pretty decent sound. the over the ear wearing is also a bit similar to that of the e2c.

Feb 2, 2005 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 7
The E2Cs you bought probably came with orange foamies and clear flex sleeves. The new black flex sleeves were most likely not included. I do understand your concern with the foamies, but would not be so quick to disregard them just because they look cheap and are disposable. The clear flex sleeves I found to be uncomfortable due to their rigidity, and that's most likely where your problem stemmed from. You may want to give these another try, both with the foamies and the new black flex sleeves.

The E3Cs do come with flexible tips of their own, and I found their performance admirable. There should be a size that fits your ears best.

As for differences between the EX51 and EX71, they are identical for the most part, but use different materials for the housing. The EX71 has a much softer feel and may be more comfortable for some.

Good luck!

Feb 2, 2005 at 5:56 PM Post #4 of 7
You can use Sonytips on your Shures. I do so on both the E2 and the E3. Do a search for a thread by Brohken.

Feb 2, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DigDub
you might wanna consider the ex81. as comfortable as the ex71, if not more and pretty decent sound. the over the ear wearing is also a bit similar to that of the e2c.

---where can i find the ex81's ?

after i heard the ultrasoft flex sleeves were coming out, i was considering purchasing the E2c's or upgrading to the E3c's.

thanks for the replies guys. this site is so badass!
icon10.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by cozmo5050
---where can i find the ex81's ?

after i heard the ultrasoft flex sleeves were coming out, i was considering purchasing the E2c's or upgrading to the E3c's.

thanks for the replies guys. this site is so badass!
icon10.gif

Im anxiously waiting for the soft tips... but only if they insert as deep as the foamies. If theyre just a softer version of the OEM sillicones I'll pass and continue using the foamies.

IMHO e2cs are better for the $$$. e3cs are 2x the price but dont sound 2x as good... IMHO

Garrett

Feb 3, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #7 of 7
as far as physical dimensions... would the small clear sleeves of the E3c be smaller than the small clear sleeves of the E2c? ... .What, tongue twister.

i know the E2c's have a larger 'bore', but i wonder if the E3c's are just more comfortable because they are smaller..

again, the reason i ask is because my ear canal runs very small to small.
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back