E2c cord insulation frayed
Oct 1, 2007 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

henryp

New Head-Fier
Anyone else seen this? The insulation on my Shure E2c frayed on both sides just where they curve over the top of the ear. When it started, just on one side, I thought maybe I'd caught them in a desk drawer, but now it's both and I'm just not that careless. Really annoying. Back to Shure.
1469189841_588aaf0700_m.jpg

Oct 1, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 8
Do you keep them in the case they came with? I'm noticing a permanent kink in my cords where yours are beginning to fray, and I'm wondering if it's due to my storing them in their case. BTW, do you work for B&W?

Oct 2, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #3 of 8
It's probably just from so much wear and tear...and since you said it's where it curves over your ear, it just sounds like wear the cord has been agitated to much in one place.

Oct 2, 2007 at 2:48 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by wes.coleman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you keep them in the case they came with? I'm noticing a permanent kink in my cords where yours are beginning to fray, and I'm wondering if it's due to my storing them in their case. BTW, do you work for B&W?

I usually store them in the case, but certainly not 100% of the time. I don't think that's the cause. Irksome. I work for B&H Photo in NYC, not for B+W.

Oct 2, 2007 at 2:58 PM Post #5 of 8
Wow, that's terrible man - I guess you can get them fixed, but still a pain. Sorry dude!

Unrelated: Does B&H NY do reasonably priced lens repair in house? Or should I send my lens to Canon?

Oct 2, 2007 at 4:21 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by henryp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I usually store them in the case, but certainly not 100% of the time. I don't think that's the cause. Irksome. I work for B&H Photo in NYC, not for B+W.

lol, B&H is what I meant. sorry. It's a really cool store, only been there once. You wouldn't happen to know my photography professor, Jose Betancourt, would you? He lives in NYC in the summers.

Oct 9, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoelessone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unrelated: Does B&H NY do reasonably priced lens repair in house? Or should I send my lens to Canon?

You'll get better and faster service on a camera lens sending it to Canon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wes.coleman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You wouldn't happen to know my photography professor, Jose Betancourt, would you? He lives in NYC in the summers.

ROFL. New York's a small town and everyone knows everyone else. :)
I am afraid I'm not familiar with Prof Betancourt. Perhaps he'll drop by the next time he's in the neighborhood?

Oct 9, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #8 of 8
I love B&H. I've spent about $30k there the last 5 years. Maybe a little more. Not much compared to some customers, I'm sure, but for someone under 25, that's a hell of a lot of money.

Oh, and to everyone else, B&H has amazing prices and terrific service. MUCH better than Adorama. I had way too many bad experiences with Adorama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back