E2C + Burn In = Improvement?
Sep 19, 2004 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

EightyEight

100+ Head-Fier
Well, I just got my E2C for 60 shipped and wow.....awesome isolation BUT the sound quality is not as good as my A500, but it's not fair (yet) since they haven't had the same burn in time. So, what I'm asking is: for those who have had the E2C for a period of time, did you notice an improvement after a burn-in period?

Sep 19, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #2 of 20
I thought my E2s improved quite a bit over time, everything became tighter and clearer. After a while, it was a pain to go back to the EX71SLs. But that's my experience, the burn-in could have been more psychological than anything else, so take that with a grain of salt.
biggrin.gif

Sep 19, 2004 at 4:18 AM Post #4 of 20
Well after a week of listenin to them, id say they've improved a little. Right now im Tryin to burn in the Bass on these babies with one of my "songs" that plays all the highs mids and lows of bass and all that and i just let the song Repat over and over on my Computer. i have a whole album of this kind of stuff and i think this will really help. If any of u want it ill upload all the songs and zip em up and post a link here.

Sep 19, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Jasper got them for 55USD at Guitar Center
tongue.gif

eek.gif
anybody mind grabbing a pair and send em my way? i'll owe you a kangaroo of course

Sep 19, 2004 at 5:19 AM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Jasper got them for 55USD at Guitar Center
tongue.gif

Ohmicrap as if he hasn't told us that 73 times, now he has henchmen operating on the referral system.

Sep 19, 2004 at 1:31 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ixeo
eek.gif
anybody mind grabbing a pair and send em my way? i'll owe you a kangaroo of course

anybody? come on..don't tell me nobody wants a kangaroo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
According to a Shure rep....the E2's will never burn-in. I never noticed a difference in mine while I had them.

But, you never know.

mental burn in
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 19, 2004 at 3:28 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spankypoo
Ohmicrap as if he hasn't told us that 73 times, now he has henchmen operating on the referral system.

That was not fair...

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfen68
According to a Shure rep....the E2's will never burn-in. I never noticed a difference in mine while I had them.

But, you never know.

The E2s don't use balanced armature drivers though, do they? Which means there WILL be some mechanical movement, just like normal earbuds?

Sep 20, 2004 at 1:59 AM Post #14 of 20
Straight from the Shure website

E2c Technical Specifications:
Speaker Type: Dynamic High Energy
Sensitivity (at 1kHz): 105dB SPL/mW
Impedance (at 1kHz): 16 ohms
Cable Length: 1.57m (62 inches)
Net Weight: 30g (1 oz)
Input Connector: 3.5 mm (1/8") gold-plated stereo plug

Sep 20, 2004 at 2:00 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
My E3s didn't improve at all with burn in.

I agree, and it makes sense since the E3s use balanced armature drivers, in contrast to the dynamic drivers on the E2s, although I think there was a bit of a psychological burn-in with me getting more and more used to the sound signature.

EDIT: I thought this thread was about the E2s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back