E18 supported models list (updated on Jan 20th, 2014)!
Oct 20, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #61 of 74
  It worked fine with my note 8.0 until it updated to 4.4.2, now I have to run a 3rd party app

What app do you have to run to make it work?  I was going to buy the E18 but I don't feel like gambling.  If I got USB Audio Player PRO would I not have to worry anymore?

The Note 4 will get Android L soon too which would mean if they got it working for 4.4.4 it would soon not work again for Android L.  

Oct 20, 2014 at 4:41 PM Post #62 of 74

What app do you have to run to make it work?  I was going to buy the E18 but I don't feel like gambling.  If I got USB Audio Player PRO would I not have to worry anymore?

I don't know anything about 4.4.4, but USB Audio Player PRO is what I use.

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:06 AM Post #64 of 74
iPad Air 2 (iOS 8.1) - Works flawless with CCK. Just plug and play
iPad 4th gen (iOS 8.1) - Works flawless with CCK. Just plug and play
iPhone 5S (iOS 8.1) - Works flawless with CCK. Just plug and play

Oct 28, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #65 of 74
Is CCk not required? That's great!

Oct 28, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #66 of 74
Is CCk not required? That's great!

It's required. I just didn't think of writing it since you would need the CCK as an adapter to Apples lightning connection.

I was merely highlighting that the new iPad handles the E18 quite well.

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:20 AM Post #69 of 74
Hi, I recently bought the Samsung galaxy note 4.

Has anyone got the E18 working with it? I would like to know before ordering the E18.

Also I plan to use it with a lot of spotify. Even though that is not the best source I do believe the E18 will still dramatically improve the sound.

Does anyone know if that's true or is it not worth bothering getting an E18 if spotify is my source?

Thanks,
coffeenkfc

Nov 26, 2014 at 1:02 AM Post #70 of 74
The E18 seems like a very good choice for my needs since I want to use it as a DAC with my laptop, Experia S tablet, and Samsung Note 3 phone.  I have an X3 for playing FLAC files in my car, so I would use the E18 as a DAC for streaming music from my Note 3.  I would not be using WiFi with the Note 3 in my car, only LTE4.  One thing I cannot tolerate is RF interference and I have read several negative reviews that complain about RF noise with the E18.  Do you think I would have issues streaming music from my Note 3?  Would I be better off just getting a headphone amp?  What about streaming my Note 3 to an E17?

Nov 26, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #71 of 74

I have read so many negative reviews about EMI and hum that I am most likely not going to get the E18.  That is a shame because I have owned the X3 since shortly after its introduction and I have been very happy with it.  I still wonder if the E17 would work OK with my Note 3 since I have seen very few negative reviews of the E17.  I have Verizon as my carrier and my main usage for this would be:

Note 3 > DAC > line out > Aux-In for car stereo.

Nov 28, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #72 of 74
Hi, bought a E18, when i connect it to my Galaxy S3, only the pause/play, and forward buttons work.

BTW, i'm running Android 4.4.4, through a costum ROM called cyanogenmod, 

tried to get sound both from the default player, which is Apollo, also tried with poweramp, but no luck, does anyone know why i'm not getting any audio?

side note: if i play anything, the sound will come trhough the phones speaker, and i can connect headphones, to the phone's jack, and get audio that way, it just dosen't send it through the E18 

Dec 25, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #73 of 74
Would the E18 work with my Samsung Tab S 10.5 tablet running Kit Kat ?
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back