E18 supported models list (updated on Jan 20th, 2014)!
May 6, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #31 of 74
Got my e18 today...worked perfect on galaxy note 3 and galaxy note 10.1 2014 edition and on computer...using Hifiman RE 400 and they are sounding amazing

For all those hearing any annoying noise it's probably to do with lower version of android ... KitKat has flawless support for usb audio and in general for all plug n play device ....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

May 17, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #32 of 74
I got tipped about these USB OTG DACs and decided to get one to try out, then i discover my samsung galaxy core plus doesent even have usg otg support, so i look around which phones do and ended up with a LG L90, but then i look at the support list for the Fiio E18 and the only LG on there is the LG G2.

I take it this means i wasted 200 euros on the Fiio E18 as well as wasted another around 200 euros on the LG L90, assuming the support list is not just the phones its been tested with so far.

May 17, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #33 of 74
I think it's just the phones it's confirmed to work with, as in the only it's been tested with.

If it doesn't work, you could test CyanogenMod on it, because I think it may be a question of software rather than hardware.

My point is, it's absolute not a certainty that it has been wasted money.

May 17, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #35 of 74
If it was ordered yesterday, you could cancel the order and order one of those phones it's been confirmed to work with, no?

You could join the dark side and go iDevice as well... 

May 17, 2014 at 6:25 AM Post #37 of 74
Right. In that case, just wait and see. It may very well end up working flawless.

Välkommen till head-fi och sorry för din plånbok.

May 23, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #38 of 74
So the fiio e18 usb otg dac and the lg l90 d405 phone arrived, and i can now confirm it does NOT work, the phone doesent even aknowlege the fiio usb otg cable has been inserted, the usb otg apps available sez usb otg is not enabled and i cannot find a setting for it anywhere.

I guess that means the LG D405 L90 will not work with the fiio E18 regardless of if i root the thing or not. The Fiio E18 does not check the andtrid version for support, but it scans the actual hardware, doesent it ?

May 23, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #39 of 74
  So the fiio e18 usb otg dac and the lg l90 d405 phone arrived, and i can now confirm it does NOT work, the phone doesent even aknowlege the fiio usb otg cable has been inserted, the usb otg apps available sez usb otg is not enabled and i cannot find a setting for it anywhere.

I guess that means the LG D405 L90 will not work with the fiio E18 regardless of if i root the thing or not. The Fiio E18 does not check the andtrid version for support, but it scans the actual hardware, doesent it ?

As far as I can tell (based on a quick google), that phone doesn't support OTG. That means it almost certainly doesn't have the necessary hardware so it won't matter what you do software-wise, it won't work. But, I couldn't find a definitive statement that it doesn't do OTG, so I could be wrong... 

May 23, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #40 of 74
According to my googling it does, under "other features", it was also listed in the "usb otg Yes" list i get to through that xbox360 controller to smartphone site i get to when i cgoogled my samsung phone.

http://www.morecellphone.com/phone/lg-l90-d405/1516 <-- under "other features" it sez USB On the Go 1.3 = usb otg support. Also where i bought the phone, a usb adaptor for a usb flash drive was listed as an accessory, further implying this fone does have usb otg support.

May 23, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #41 of 74
  According to my googling it does, under "other features", it was also listed in the "usb otg Yes" list i get to through that xbox360 controller to smartphone site i get to when i cgoogled my samsung phone.

http://www.morecellphone.com/phone/lg-l90-d405/1516 <-- under "other features" it sez USB On the Go 1.3 = usb otg support. Also where i bought the phone, a usb adaptor for a usb flash drive was listed as an accessory, further implying this fone does have usb otg support.

Cool - that looks pretty definitive. I only found a post or two saying it didn't seem to support OTG rather than any proper specs. Like I said, no definitive statements.

May 23, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #42 of 74
Maybe the fiio e18 and its supplied otg cables doesent make use of the shorting of usb sense pin 4 to pin 5 technique for autoenabling the usb otg support, but rather relies on a pure software thing and that software thing only exist in the phones on the support list.

May 29, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #43 of 74
Hi all,

I was curious about this DAC for an iPhone 5s

1. Does this work with the lightning to usb (camera connection kit)?
2. Could you use the Lightning to Micro USB adaptor and go directly from the micro USB to USB port on the DAC?
3. Do the Play/Pause/Forward/Backward controls work with the iPhone?
4. Does it charge the iPhone

Thanks for the help.

May 29, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #44 of 74
Hi all,

I was curious about this DAC for an iPhone 5s

1. Does this work with the lightning to usb (camera connection kit)?
2. Could you use the Lightning to Micro USB adaptor and go directly from the micro USB to USB port on the DAC?
3. Do the Play/Pause/Forward/Backward controls work with the iPhone?
4. Does it charge the iPhone

Thanks for the help.

1. Yes
2. Apparently, no
3. Yes
4. Have not tried

May 29, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #45 of 74
Thanks for the update Coq de Combat,

I would have thought that the micro-USB to lightning connector would have worked but maybe the adaptor does not pass the USB digital audio like the Camera Connection kit does. I'm curious which iPhone have you tested this on? I wonder if it would also work on my iPad as well? This little amp\dac looks very promising! and way cheaper then V-Moda's offering!

Thanks again. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back