E17?
Apr 10, 2012 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bluzeboy

500+ Head-Fier

i just got my E17 from mp4nation i'm using a ipod classic with plugging in to AUX  plug is thier a big differance in  which port one plugs into.USB,OPT or SPDIF.
thanks

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:

i just got my E17 from mp4nation i'm using a ipod classic with plugging in to AUX  plug is thier a big differance in  which port one plugs into.USB,OPT or SPDIF.
thanks

With an iPod, your only real option is through AUX using a LOD such as the Fiio L3.  Using the E17 with the iPod only allows you to bypass the iPod's amp and use the amp section of the E17.  Don't get me wrong, this is an improvement.  The E17 amp section is very good!

You, unfortunately, can't bypass the iPod's internal DAC, at least not without a considerable mod, and I don't believe it can be done cheaply.  In order to take advantage of the E17 DAC, you need to use the USB or Optical/Coax connection.  There are other players that have those connections, including the iPad with some additional accessories.  Since you have an iPod, I'm assuming you also have a computer.  You can connect your computer to the E17 via USB or Optical/Coax and bypass its DAC.  This opens up a wide variety of options, though it isn't very portable.

EDIT: I guess I did leave one other option out, though it isn't ideal.  You could use a male to male 1/8 inch stereo cable going from the headphone out of the iPod to the AUX in on the E17.  Here you are dual amping, which has its drawbacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back