E17 - no sound on Windows but works on my Mac
Oct 29, 2013 at 5:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sondrizzle

New Head-Fier
I have this weird problem that happened a few days ago. Suddenly my FiiO E17 stopped playing any kind of sounds from my Windows desktop machine but the second I plug it into my Mac it plays just fine. I'm thinking it's a driver problem but I've reinstalled the drivers and uninstalled the device twice now and it still doesn't seem to play from the headphone jacks on my computer. The sound mixer shows it's playing music and sending it to SPDIF OUT, which is where I think the problem is, I'm using the USB for it but I can't seem to get it to work on my Windows machine. Does anybody have any idea what might be wrong with it?

Oct 29, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 2
  I have this weird problem that happened a few days ago. Suddenly my FiiO E17 stopped playing any kind of sounds from my Windows desktop machine but the second I plug it into my Mac it plays just fine. I'm thinking it's a driver problem but I've reinstalled the drivers and uninstalled the device twice now and it still doesn't seem to play from the headphone jacks on my computer. The sound mixer shows it's playing music and sending it to SPDIF OUT, which is where I think the problem is, I'm using the USB for it but I can't seem to get it to work on my Windows machine. Does anybody have any idea what might be wrong with it?

Try disabling on-board audio, in the BIOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back