E11 headphone jack?
Jun 16, 2011 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Keepvogel

New Head-Fier
Ok, so I have recently bought the E7/E9 combo, and i am very pleased with them. It was everything Head-fi told me it was and more (maybe because it's my first HP amp :p).

Only problem i had was with the mini-jacks on both devises. They are wobbly, which can cause one ear to lose power (6.3mm jack on the E9 works fine btw).

To make a long story short, can I expect the same crappy jacks on the E11? I have just bought it (go me! buy then ask xD), and am awaiting it's arrival. The only reason I haven't sent back the E7 is because it works fine in my desktop setup.

Anyone have any input on this?

thanks in advance :p

P.S.: First Thread! :3

Jun 16, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 5
I have a feeling this might be Fiio's biggest quality control issue. My E7 has one faulty headphone jack that cuts in and out, but none of them are flush. I was worried about the E11 suffering from the same problem too. I'm happy to report my E11 has no such problems no matter how much I move the plug around. I could be wrong, but the jacks appear to be different than those used in the E7.

Jun 17, 2011 at 12:06 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:

For any E7, E9 which have the same problem, you can get free repair or replacement , just depend on the time your purchased.

The E7 I have is already a replacement. Last time Micca charged me $10+shipping to them to get it replaced.  Is the free replacement only if I deal directly with FiiO, in which case I have to pay shipping to China? I don't like the idea of paying close to a 30% premium just to get a properly functioning E7. Not to mention being without it for a week or even longer if I have to wait for it to cross the Pacific twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back