E10 vs magni/modi
Dec 15, 2013 at 4:29 AM Post #4 of 9
E10 could drive DT 880. But if you consider about upgrading of headphone in the future, then it is better to go for modi/magni or Audio GD 15.32.

Dec 15, 2013 at 4:46 PM Post #6 of 9
The E10 should have no problem driving it even while switched to the low gain setting. with my audio setup i have never had to crank it past 4 on the gain knob, and thats with it on low gain setting, and the high gain setting will not sacrifice quality if you fel the need to use it. i was having the same question you were before my purchase, but i eventually got the e10 and have loved it ever since

Dec 15, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #8 of 9
I owned both and the fiio noise floor is relatively higher than magni, the good thing about the e10 is the line out plug, quite handy if you also have speakers and quite small. I agree with Rubinstein about the audio gd 15.32 or stick with magni/modi (US made)

Dec 15, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #9 of 9
I'm leaning towards the E10 for the price. It seems that the magni/modi will not offer significantly better sound and it's about 3x the price with cables and shipping. If the E10 is good for 250 ohms I don't really see myself getting headphones with much higher impedence in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back