E.T. left his earphones at home...
Oct 10, 2014 at 9:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

turnernathniel

New Head-Fier
Hey fellow Head-Fi ers. I'm new here. My name is Nathan and I'm an earphone addict (when budget permits).  I posted a request for feedback in a room discussing a specific earphones item, I didn't know about this intro page.  Phillyd took time and noted this and gave me some awesome feedback about different earphone brands, how to be more specific in describing budget limits and a bunch of other cool stuff, thank you Phillyd.
I've always reached out to more affordable headphones; Skull Candy has always been a favorite.  I had a friend suggest Sennheiser to me and I was needing a new pair so I got a pair of Skull Candy & Senn's.  the Senn's are Adidas Sport earbuds.  When I first used them, compared to the Skulls, I really didn't the higher ranges in the Senn's.  I can't cut the volume up to far before my head starts spitting. 
Skulls seem to have a lower mid-range with heavy base.  Over time I grown to really like the Senn's, it took some time to get used to.  They capture the music is such a way that I see the oneness and completeness of the music.  It's an experience.  I can hear all the music, all the subtle sounds in the background, and when I clock out at work, I'm ready for some tunes. At that time I really appreciate the music more and everything is even more clear to me.
My budget would be say $50 to $75.  I'm looking to move up a notch in my endeavors towards sound perfection.  
What do you like, what would you suggest?  Should I be looking at headphones.  I like to workout, but a good workout can be made better, so I want to use earbuds for that of course. 
I saw some really fine wooden earbuds online, they were really expensive.
Also, I would feel more comfortable going into a store and actually purchasing the earphones/earbuds.
I live in Oregon, the Beaverton/Portland area, I only say that because someone might know of a place within my locale.
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Peace!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back