E-MU 1212m with Multiple Amps/Speakers?
Sep 13, 2004 at 5:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vanillawafer

100+ Head-Fier
Well I'm the proud owner of a new E-MU 1212m that I got from Guitar Center for 171.00 + tax. First let me say that this is one nice card. I would like to be able to run this card into my HomeTheater Amp, Headphone Amp, and Computer Speakers. What is a solution that would allow me to do this? I know your saying why the hell did you buy the 1212m if you need more outputs, well I got a good deal on it, and I figured there has to be a solution out there that would not cost to much and allow me to connect to multiple Amps/Speakers, is that solution possibly a mixer? What kind of price would I be looking at to accommodate my needs, and would I loose any quality? Thanks for the help.

Sep 13, 2004 at 8:47 PM Post #2 of 4
Just get a source switcher at RadioShack and use it in reverse (i.e. as a destination switcher instead of a source switcher). There might be a slight loss in quality.

Sep 13, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #3 of 4
Cool, I'm guessing they make High End source switchers somewhere too? This actually sounds like something that could be done with good quality as a DIY project considering it's just routing the outputs to different interconnects… humm anyone doing this type of thing?

Sep 14, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #4 of 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back